Jump to navigation Jump to search
| Bronfman family|
|Membership||• Samuel Miles Bronfman Sr.|
• Edgar Miles Bronfman Sr.
• Edgar Miles Bronfman Jr.
• Matthew Bronfman
• Clare Bronfman
• Stephen Bronfman
|Canadian-Jewish family, known for its extensive business holdings.|
The Bronfman family is a Canadian-Jewish family, known for its extensive business holdings.
It owes its initial fame to Samuel Bronfman (1889–1971), the most influential Canadian Jew of the mid-20th century, who made a fortune in the alcoholic distilled beverage business during American prohibition through founding the Seagram Company, and who later became president of the Canadian Jewish Congress (1939–62).
Some of the family members include:
- Samuel Miles Bronfman Sr. Created the family fortune during the Prohibition in the 1920s by working with US organized crime in smuggling large amounts of alcohol from Canada.
- Edgar Miles Bronfman Sr. Edgar Miles Bronfman (June 20, 1929 – December 21, 2013) was a Canadian-American businessman. He worked for his family distilled beverage firm, Seagram, eventually becoming president, treasurer and CEO. He was also an influential president of the World Jewish Congress.
- Edgar Miles Bronfman Jr. (born May 16, 1955) is an American businessman who currently serves as a Managing Partner at Accretive LLC, a private equity firm focused on creating and investing in technology companies. He previously was CEO of Warner Music Group from 2004 to 2011 and as Chairman of Warner Music Group from 2011 to 2012.
- Matthew Bronfman (born July 16, 1959) is an American businessman, entrepreneur and philanthropist.
- Clare Bronfman (born 1979) is an American heiress, convicted felon and former leader of NXIVM, a multi-level marketing company and cult. She is the youngest daughter of Edgar Bronfman Sr.
- Stephen Bronfman played a critical role in the rise of Canadian PM "Justin Trudeau]. Was involved in the movement of millions of dollars to offshore havens.'"`UNIQ--ref-00000004-QINU`"'</br></br></br></br>[[Has fullPageName" contains a listed "[" character as part of the property label and has therefore been classified as invalid.
2 of the 6 of the members already have pages here:
|Edgar Bronfman||US businessman President of the World Jewish Congress 1979-2997|
|Samuel Bronfman||Liquor producer who made it big during the US Prohibition. Kept mobster ties afterwards, even while going respectable as a businessman|
- ↑ a b https://web.archive.org/web/20131020061029/http://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.com/articles/bronfman-family
- ↑ http://imjm.ca/location/1676%7Caccess-date=2021-07-25
- ↑ http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/530859/Seagram-Company-Ltd
- ↑ https://www.theguardian.com/news/2017/nov/05/justin-trudeau-adviser-stephen-bronfman-offshore-paradise-papers