| Edoardo Agnelli |
|Born||9 June 1954|
|Died||15 November 2000 (Age 46)|
Cause of death
|Alma mater||Atlantic College, Princeton University|
|Parents|| • Gianni Agnelli|
• Marella Caracciolo de Castagneto
|Member of||Agnelli family|
Heir to the huge Agnelli fortune who was "found dead under a bridge" after converting to Islam.
Edoardo Agnelli was the eldest child and only son of Gianni Agnelli, the industrialist patriarch of Fiat S.p.A., and of Marella Agnelli, who was born Donna Marella Caracciolo di Castagneto. He converted to Shia Islam when he was living in New York City,. In mid-November 2000, he was found dead under a bridge on the outskirts of Turin.
At least three different sources confirmed to the journalist Giuseppe Puppo that before dying, Edoardo had refused to sign the transfer of the rights to Fiat, in exchange for a substantial sum of money.
After his death, the people closest to Edoardo express perplexity about the fact that he, a compulsive writer who wrote constantly, to everyone, didn't leave a single suicide note.
Edoardo lived alone in a villa in Revigliasco, in the Turin area, and was followed 24 hours a day by an bodyguard. It is unclear why he was alone on the bridge, The question might have been answered by surveillance cameras of the villa, but the videos were not acquired in the very short investigation.
- ↑ https://www.repubblica.it/online/cronaca/agnelli/agnelli/agnelli.htm
- ↑ a b https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/fiat-magnate-agnelli-s-only-son-found-dead-at-bridge-of-suicides-622932.html
- ↑ Mashregh News
- ↑ https://archive.today/20071009230507/http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/features/article2783545.ece
- ↑ a b c https://www.fanpage.it/attualita/agnelli-la-morte-misteriosa-di-edoardo-l-erede-mancato/
|This is a page stub. Please add to it.|