File:The Politics of Fear and SCADs.pdf
The_Politics_of_Fear_and_SCADs.pdf (file size: 318 KB, MIME type: application/pdf)
The irrelevance of habeas corpus and the abolition of “double jeopardy,” secret and protracted outsourcing of detention and torture, and increasing geographic prevalence of surveillance technologies across Anglo-American “democracies” have many citizens concerned about the rapidly convergent, authoritarian behavior of political oligarchs and the actual destruction of sovereignty and democratic values under the onslaught of antiterrorism hubris, propaganda, and fear. This article examines synchronic legislative isomorphism in responses to 9/11 in the United States, the United Kingdom and European Union, and Australia in terms of enacted terrorism legislation and, also, diachronic, oligarchic isomorphism in the manufacture of fear within a convergent world by comparing the “Politics of Fear” being practiced today to Stalinist—Russian and McCarthyist—U.S. abuse of “fear.” The immediate future of Anglo-American democratic hubris, threats to civil society, and oligarchic threats to democratic praxis are canvassed. This article also raises the question as to whether The USA PATRIOT Acts of 2001/2006, sanctioned by the U.S. Congress, are examples, themselves, of state crimes against democracy. In the very least, any democratically inclined White House occupant in 2009 would need to commit to repealing these repressive, and counterproductive, acts.
The following files/documents from the February 2010 edition of American Behavioral Scientist are available on Wikispooks:
- Beyond Conspiracy Theory Patterns of High Crime in American Government
- File:Beyond Conspiracy Theory.pdf - pdf of the above document
- File:The Politics of Fear and SCADs.pdf The USA PATRIOT Acts (et al.):Convergent Legislation and Oligarchic Isomorphism in the "Politics of Fear" and State Crime(s) Against Democracy (SCADs)
- File:Framing SCAD Research.pdf Sense Making Under "Holographic" Conditions: Framing SCAD Research
- File:Pretending Not to See or Hear.pdf
- File:Negative Information Action.pdf
- File:In Denial of Democracy.pdf
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||16:07, 8 December 2010||(318 KB)||Peter|
- You cannot overwrite this file.