| Markle Foundation |
|Founder||• John Markle|
• Mary R. Markle
|Headquarters||New York City|
|Membership||• Suzanne N. Johnson|
• Zoë Baird
• Steven Denning
• Cheryl C. Effron
• Margaret Hoover
• Christopher Howard
• Gilman Louie
• James Manyika
• Kathleen A. Murphy
• Herbert Pardes
• Stanley S. Shuman
• Gilman Louie
• Beth F. Cobert
• Denis McDonough
|Its focus is technology, health care, and national security make it a suspected CIA front organization|
Markle Foundation is a New York-based private foundation established in 1927 by American industrialist/financier John Markle and his wife, Mary. Its focus is technology, health care, and national security. With close ties to the intelligence services it is a suspected CIA front organization.
Zoë Baird, President of Markle since 1998, has "led broad collaborations to drive transformative change for the economic security, health, and national security". Previously, she directed Markle’s efforts to use information technology to reform the intelligence community "to meet current threats", and to drive improvements in the quality and cost-effectiveness of health care, work that led to passage of major federal laws and transformation of business practice. 
Formally incorporated on April 26, 1927, as the John and Mary R. Markle Foundation, the organization began by funding traditional social welfare programs as well as projects that focused on medicine and medical research. In 1969, Lloyd Morrisett, the Markle Foundation's president at that time, shifted the foundation's focus to mass communications in a democratic society.
In 1948, the Foundation established an award to assist qualified people wishing to remain in academic medicine.
For fiscal year 2008, Ms Baird's compensation from this tax exempt charitable organization was recorded as $505,750.00, in the Form 990-PF filed by Markle.
- John Markle and Mary R. Markle 1927-1933
- JP Morgan Jr 1933-1942
- Thomas William Lamont 1942-1947
- George Whitney 1948-59; Chairman 1960 to 1963
- John McFarlane Russell John McFarlane Russell 1960-1969
- Lloyd N. Morrisett 1969-1998
- Zoë Baird 1998-
1 of the 13 of the members already have pages here:
|Zoë Baird||Spookily connected US lawyer|
- "Markle Foundation Ready to Operate". The New York Times. April 30, 1927. p. 6.
- "Incorporation of Markle Foundation Sought: J.P. and Junius Morgan Jr. Among Signers". The New York Times. February 4, 1927. p. 2.
- Markle Foundation Scholarships in Medicine". Nature. 163 (4142): 437–438. 1949-03-19. Bibcode:1949Natur.163S.437.. doi:10.1038/163437c0. ISSN 1476-4687