The Collapse of Europe Conference
|Date||10 June 2007 - 11 June 2007|
|Location||Pepperdine University, Malibu, California, USA|
|Participants||Ayaan Hirsi Ali, David Baron, Claire Berlinski, Henryk Broder, Phyllis Chesler, Avi Davis, Greg Davis, Arnaud Dotézac, Afshin Ellian, Hugh Hewitt, David Horowitz, Richard D. Heideman, Philippe Karsenty, Robert Kaufman, Sally McNamara, Douglas Murray, Daniel Pipes, Dennis Prager, Bret Stephens, Mark Steyn, Wafa Sultan, Ibn Warraq, James Q. Wilson, Leon de Winter|
|Perpetrators||American Freedom Alliance|
|Description||An openly Islamophobic conference in California, that may have been designed to promote Islamophobia in Europe as part of the "War On Terror".|
The "The Collapse of Europe?" Conference was a 2 day conference in California in June 2007. One reviewer summarised it as "a sickening collection of false prophets... ready to play into any McCarthyist campaign that promises some minutes of fame on Fox News... a plot against European humanistic policies with American taxpayers' money". Tashbih Sayyed was a planned speaker but died before the conference happened.
- 1 Publicity
- 2 Sunday June 10, 2007
- 3 Lunch
- 4 Monday, June 11
- 5 Taping
- 6 Known Participants
- 7 References
The publicity featured violent images that could have been calculated to promote Islamophobia.
- The Rise of Islamo-fascism in Europe
- The European welfare state and its impact on the European economy
- Negative Growth: Europe’s aging population
- The Impact of the French riots and the Danish cartoonriots on European politics and culture.
- Immigration: the battle for control of the street
- Anti-Semitism and the end of the European Enlightenment
Sunday June 10, 2007
The cost for Sunday was $250.
Introduction: The Collapse of Europe
- 9:00-9:15 • Overview: Avi Davis, Senior Fellow, American Freedom Alliance
- 9:15-10:00 • Opening Plenary: The nature of the threat to Europe and its impact on the United States. Mark Steyn (Keynote speaker)
- 10:00-11:15 • Panel Session: What has been the role of Islam and the EU bureaucracy in fostering collapse? Mark Steyn (Moderator), Greg Davis, Ayaan Hirsi Ali, Ibn Warraq, Philippe Karsenty
Morning Breakout Sessions: The Rise of Islam
• Eurabia: Are Europe’s leaders complicit in accelerating Europe’s demise? Greg Davis, Ayaan Hirsi Ali, Daniel Pipes, Henryk Broder
• Demography, Immigration and the Welfare Dilemma Afshin Ellian, Mark Steyn, Tashbih Sayyed (planned), Claire Berlinski
• Anti-Zionism and anti-Semitism as tools of political pressure Dennis Prager, Bret Stephens, Philippe Karsenty, Leon de Winter
• Is Europe doomed to continued economic stagnation? Sally McNamara, Robert Kaufman, Arnaud Dotézac
Three preferences were offered: Regular, Kosher & Vegetarian.
- 1:45-2:45 • Civil Rights or Global Jihad? Are Muslims exploiting the democratic process to erode and destroy European democracy? Ayaan Hirsi Ali (Keynote Speaker)
- 2:45-4:00 • How should Europe respond to the threats and challenges of multiculturalism? Hugh Hewitt (Moderator), Claire Berlinski, Leon de Winter, Daniel Pipes, James Q. Wilson
Afternoon Breakout Sessions: The Consequences for the United States
• Multiculturalism and its impact on democratic society Mark Steyn, Ibn Warraq, Sally McNamara
• The end of the European Enlightenment and the growth of a closed thought society. Leon de Winter, Henryk Broder, Philippe Karsenty, Afshin Ellian
• Europe’s post-Christian society and its mirror in the United States. Claire Berlinski, Tashbih Sayyed (planned), Greg Davis
• Contending successfully with Muslim militancy through U.S. and European financial and legal processes Richard D. Heideman, Arnaud Dotézac
• The political and moral fallout from a collapsing Europe Robert Kaufman, James Q. Wilson, Bret Stephens
17:30-18:00 • What steps can be taken in the United States to address the problems of Europe? Hugh Hewitt
Monday, June 11
The application warned that "space at the closed door session is extremely limited and seats will be allocated on a first come, first served basis. Please include a separate check for this session." The cost was $100 for June 11.
Closed Door Roundtable
- 9:00-12:00 Advocacy and legal strategies for combating militant Islam in Europe and the United States.
All sessions were planned to be recorded and made available for purchase on CD or audiotape at the conclusion of the conference. DVDs were planned to be available at a later date from the AFA website.
12 of the 24 of the participants already have pages here:
|Claire Berlinski||UK academic who attended The Collapse of Europe Conference|
|Avi Davis||Founded the American Freedom Alliance.|
|Arnaud Dotézac||Swiss academic who attended counterjihad conferences|
|Douglas Murray||A neocon "terror expert"|
|Daniel Pipes||Arch-Zionist and neoconservative intellectual and commentator|
|Dennis Prager||American conservative radio talk show host, founder of PragerU.|
|Bret Stephens||Neoconservative writer at the New York Times|
|Mark Steyn||Bilderberger and keynote speaker at The Collapse of Europe Conference|
|James Q. Wilson||Provided guidance on how best to coordinate the national war on drugs.|