|Born||13 October 1989|
|Alma mater||Boston University|
American politician, member of the Democratic Socialists of America - but not afraid to create an impression of being like Marie Antoinette.
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez also known by her initials, AOC, is an American politician who sits as the US Representative for New York's 14th congressional district. The district includes the eastern part of The Bronx and portions of north-central Queens in New York City. She is a member of the Democratic Party.
Ocasio-Cortez majored in International Relations and Economics at Boston University, graduating cum laude in 2011.
AOC drew national recognition when she won the Democratic Party's primary election for New York's 14th congressional district on 26 June 2018, defeating the ten-term incumbent Congressman, Democratic Caucus Chair Joe Crowley, in what was widely seen as the biggest upset victory in the 2018 midterm election primaries. She beat Republican opponent Anthony Pappas in the 6 November 2018 General Election, and at age 29, became the youngest woman ever to serve in the United States Congress. Ocasio-Cortez has been noted for her substantial social media presence relative to her fellow members of Congress.
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is a member of the Democratic Socialists of America, and she and Rashida Tlaib are the first two members of the group in the US Congress. She advocates a progressive platform that includes Medicare For All, a federal jobs guarantee, a proposed Green New Deal, abolishing US Immigration and Customs Enforcement, free public college and trade school, and a 70% marginal tax rate for incomes above $10 million. Before running for Congress, she was an educational director for the 2017 Northeast Collegiate World Series for the National Hispanic Institute and worked as a waitress and bartender.
|During a July 2022 protest outside the Supreme Court, members of The Squad, including AOC and Ilhan Omar, were widely seen being arrested and frog-marched off in handcuffs — or were they? Turns out the two were merely holding their hands behind their backs, and were not in cuffs at all. In consequence both Congresswomen were widely ridiculed online for this invisible handcuff stunt.|
In August 2019.
She told CNN that she thought she would be raped and murdered in the 2021 Washington D.C. Riots.
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20190127000853/https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rq3QXIVR0bs&t=19s
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20180627041545/https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2018/06/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-joe-crowley-primary-new-york/
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20180627022605/https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/26/politics/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-joe-crowley-new-york-14-primary/index.htm
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20180627163014/https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/27/politics/takeaways-tuesday-primaries-crowley/index.html
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20180703221432/https://www.thedailybeast.com/young-progressive-alexandria-ocasio-cortez-topples-old-boss-joe-crowley-in-democratic-primary-shocker
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20180627143539/https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/elections/rep-joe-crowley-loses-28-year-old-newcomer-alexandria-ocasio-n886851
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20181107064936/https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/06/politics/ocasio-cortez-youngest-woman-ever/index.html
- ↑ https://greenwald.substack.com/p/the-masking-of-the-servant-class
- ↑ https://michaelsavage.com/aoc-slapped-with-ethics-complaint-for-accepting-free-met-gala-tickets/
- ↑ https://newz.ai/aoc-ella-emhoff-dealing-with-politics-of-fashion-after-met-gala-wwd/
- ↑ https://washingtonlatest.com/aoc-hit-with-ethics-complaint-over-met-gala-appearance-as-she-fires-back-at-critics-policing-her-body/
- ↑ https://libertytree.com/liberty-tree/1156
- ↑ https://galaxynewsexpress.com/blog/busted-ocasio-cortez-gets-nailed-for-financial-fraud-ethics-violation/
- ↑ https://nypost.com/2021/08/09/aoc-feared-she-would-be-raped-during-capitol-siege/
Wikipedia is not affiliated with Wikispooks. Original page source here