| Anne Pringle |
Anne Pringle with President of Russia Dmitry Medvedev
|Born||13 January, 1955|
|Alma mater||University of St Andrews|
UK diplomat to EU and Russia.
Dame Anne Fyfe Pringle is a British diplomat and the former HM Ambassador of the United Kingdom to the Russian Federation. From 2001-04, Pringle was the British ambassador to the Czech Republic. Pringle presented her Letter of Credence to President of Russia Dmitry Medvedev on 16 January 2009.
Dame Anne was succeeded by Tim Barrow (now Sir Tim Barrow, KCMG) in November 2011. Already a Companion of the Order of St Michael and St George (CMG), she was advanced to become a Dame Commander of the Order of St Michael and St George (DCMG) in the 2010 New Year Honours. Pringle received an Honorary Doctorate from Heriot-Watt University in 2010.
Since leaving the FCO in 2012, Anne has taken on various roles: senior Governor of St Andrews University, her alma mater (2016-); a non-Executive Director of Ashmore Group plc (2013-); Public Appointments Assessor (2012-16); and the Government’s Special Representative on Deportation with Assurances (2013-15). She was on the Foreign Secretary’s advisory Locarno Group from 2013-16.
Official Career Path
- 1977-1980 - employee of the central office of the British Foreign Office.
- 1980-1983 - Third Secretary for the Chancellery of the Embassy in Moscow.
- 1983-1985 - Employee of the Department of Trade and Investment (San Francisco).
- 1986-1987 - Second Secretary of the British Delegation to the European Union.
- 1987-1991 - employee of the central office of the British Foreign Office.
- 1991-1994 - internship at the Secretariat of the European Political Cooperation, Brussels.
- 1994-1996 - employee of the central office of the British Foreign Office.
- 1996-1998 - Director of the Department of General Foreign and Security Policy. "European Correspondent"
- 1998-2001 - Director of the Eastern Department of the British Foreign Office
- 2001-2004 - British Ambassador to the Czech Republic
- 2004-2007 - Director of the Department of Information and Strategy, Member of the Council of the British Foreign Office.
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20090223232814/http://ukinrussia.fco.gov.uk/en/our-offices-in-russia/our-ambassador
- ↑ https://archive.today/20120630025431/http://www.kremlin.ru/text/docs/2009/01/211763.shtml
- ↑ http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/news/latest-news/?id=636711082&view=PressR
- ↑ https://www.thegazette.co.uk/London/issue/59282/supplement/3
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20160412085029/http://www1.hw.ac.uk/ppr/docs/network-winter-2010.pdf
- ↑ https://www.shakespearesglobe.com/bio/dame-anne-pringle/