| Cass Sunstein |
(Lawyer, academic, deep state functionary)
|Born||Cass Robert Sunstein|
Concord, Massachusetts, U.S.
|Alma mater||Harvard University|
|Spouse|| • Lisa Ruddick|
• Samantha Power
|Founder of||Cognitive infiltration|
Cass Sunstein is a US deep state functionary. He has defended the US government's official narrative about the events of September 11, 2001. In 2008, he authored a paper about "Conspiracy theories" which claimed that belief in such theories was linked to violence.
"Conspiracy Theories" and government infiltration
“Those who subscribe to conspiracy theories may create serious risks, including risks of violence, and the existence of such theories raises significant challenges for policy and law.”
Cass Sunstein, Adrian Vermeule (15 January 2008) 
Sunstein co-authored a now infamous 2008 paper, entitled "Conspiracy Theories" which tried to link questioning governments' official narratives with violence, and suggested that "the best response [to "conspiracy theorists"] consists in cognitive infiltration of extremist groups". Various commentators have roundly criticized this intellectual stance. who argue that it would violate prohibitions on government propaganda aimed at domestic citizens. Sunstein and Vermeule's proposed infiltrations have also been met by sharply critical scholarly critiques. The paper was cited in a 2015 speech by François Hollande in which he recommended that governments censor any such questioning from the internet.
A Document by Cass Sunstein
|Title||Document type||Publication date||Subject(s)||Description|
|File:Cass sunstein conspiracies.pdf||paper||15 January 2008||"Conspiracy theory"||A classic Official Narrative-type exposition of Conspiracy theory and Conspiracy Theorists with recommendations on how governments should deal with them. It is the principal source of the now widely-used expression "Cognitive Infiltration"|
- http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=1084585 Cass R. Sunstein and Adrian Vermeule, “Conspiracy Theories,” Harvard Public Law Working Paper No. 08-03
- "Conspiracy Theories by Cass Sunstein, Adrian Vermeule :: SSRN". Papers.ssrn.com. doi:10.2139/ssrn.1084585. Retrieved 2012-07-27.
- [dead link]
- [dead link]
- Greenwald, Glenn (January 15, 2010). "Obama confidant's spine-chilling proposal". Salon.com. Retrieved 2012-07-27.
- David Ray Griffin, Cognitive Infiltration, An Obama Appointee s Plan To Undermine The 9/11 Conspiracy Theory. Olive Branch Press, ISBN 978-1-56656-821-0
- Kurtis Hagen, "Is Infiltration of 'Extremist Groups' Justified?" International Journal of Applied Philosophy 24.2 (Fall 2010) 153–168.
- Kurtis Hagen, “Conspiracy Theories and Stylized Facts,” Journal for Peace and Justice Studies 21.2 (Fall 2011) 3–22.