"Continuity of Government"
| "Continuity of Government" |
(deception, statecraft, Orwellian language, Disaster/Preparation, Emergency legislation)
|Interest of||• Centra Technology|
• Peter Dale Scott
|A plan for undermining and infiltrating government, activated by the US Deep state on 9-11|
"Continuity of Government" (COG) began as a set of contingency plans in case the US government was decapitated by a nuclear attack. Later it was modified by the Reagan administration to handle other emergency scenarios. Whitney Webb summarised the project by noting that "It exists solely to keep the current system in place, regardless of the cost." Peter Dale Scott termed the name Orwellian, since it plans a radical change of government, away from democracy.
Scott identifies several threads leading into CoG planing:
- Strategy of Tension: re-imported from Italy as Operation Northwoods, i.e. fear conditioning or brainwashing or attitude control of the broader population as so called fine-tuning of democracy
- Crowd control and
- Containment of the commercially-controlled media (i.e. Operation Mockingbird) as answer to 1968's Vietnam disaster, anti-war and civil disobedience movements
- as well as preparedness for nuclear war and fighting the common enemy, which was communism at the time.
Disease control might be added, beginning with the 1978's flu vaccination advertising and the 1980's AIDS campaign.
- Peter Dale Scott in The Road To 9-11 traces the beginnings back to what Irving Kristol called "the right wing's intellectual counter revolution" in the late 1960s, the first neoconservative milieu, culminating in the crowd control program Operation Garden Plot
- 1980s: Once in office, Ronald Reagan, William Casey and (then vice president) G.W.Bush initiated emergency planing, building from the Garden Plot plan:
- suspension of the constitution,
- turning control of the government over to FEMA,
- declaration of martial law,
- surveillance of political dissenters and
- building of detention camps in case of an unspecified emergency.
- 1990s: Driven by Big Oil and the Pentagon a broad consensus was reached, that full spectrum dominance is needed to guarantee access to oil and other resources. Formulated by PNAC it stretches that it is highly doubtful that the public or the Congress can be convinced of the enormous military budget needed to reach this goal.
A state of emergency solves the problem by a) bypassing Congress and b) convincing the population of the necessity for decisive action.
- This latter stage of CoG planning was worked on in secret by members of the US deep state, including Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld, even when they were not in the US government. It brought together emergency planning from different fields: catastrophes, epidemics, bio weapons and other possible attacks. The Cheney Doctrine stated, that if the probability of such a scenario is 1% - America must preemtively act to prevent it from happening. 9-11 was one such scenario.
The COG plans were partly activated on September 11, 2001. A characteristic of CoG planing is apparently that it is designed to co-exist with a constitutional government. This 'stealth mode' can be recognized in the statement from Event 201:
“It's important that the UN and WHO remain very clear, but when they challenge governments directly, they often get into this issue of sovereignty. (...) I think it's really critical to think about soft power influence, which is other influentials, who can call up the head of state, or powerful constituencies within those countries. We've seen this in the context of mobilizing religious leaders in the context of polio, or specific business leaders where you can soften perhaps a very hard line from government through less more stealthy entry points, rather than trying to punish them (...)”
(18 October 2019) 
Also, what we are seeing is activation comes in waves, that is from one 'emergency' to the next parts are implemented. However, by the end of the emergency state, the constitution is only partly restored and CoG infrastructure remains in place.
In March 2020, William M. Arkin wrote in Newsweek (a traditional deep state conduit) about "above-Top Secret contingency plans already exist for what the military is supposed to do if huge swaths of the executive branch or even Congress and the Supreme Court were disabled, and all the Constitutional successors are incapacitated. Standby orders were issued in February to ready these plans, not just to protect Washington but also to prepare for the possibility of some form of martial law.
According to documents and interviews with anonymous military experts, the various plans – codenamed Octagon, Freejack and Zodiac – are the underground laws to ensure government continuity. They are so secret that under these extraordinary plans, "devolution" could circumvent the normal Constitutional provisions for government succession, and military commanders could be placed in control around America. The disaster scenarios being contemplate included the possibility of widespread domestic violence as a result of food shortages. The missions fell under three larger contingency plans:
- CONPLAN 3400, or the military's plan for "homeland defense," if America itself is a battlefield.
- CONPLAN 3500, "defense support of civil authorities," where the military assists in an emergency short of armed attack on the nation.
- CONPLAN 3600, military operations in the National Capital Region and continuation of government, under which the most-secret plans to support continuity are nested.
|National Emergencies Act||Basis for later coup d'état legislation and CoG activation|
|Patriot Act||A legislative coup d'état|
|Document:Is the State of Emergency Superseding the US Constitution||article||29 November 2010||Peter Dale Scott|
|Document:Systemic Destabilization in Recent American History||article||24 September 2012||Peter Dale Scott|
|Document:The Deep State and 9/11||article||11 June 2008||Peter Dale Scott|
|Document:The Doomsday Project and Deep Events||article||21 November 2011||Peter Dale Scott|
|Document:The Hidden Government Group||Wikispooks Page||15 May 2015||Peter Dale Scott||Beginning from the assassination of JFK, Peter Dale Scott reviews the Continuity of Government group's connections to the structural deep events - the Watergate coup, October Surprise and 9/11|
- ↑ http://historycommons.org/entity.jsp?entity=jack_brooks_1
- ↑ https://www.archives.gov/federal-register/codification/executive-order/12656.html
- ↑ https://unlimitedhangout.com/2020/03/reports/what-newsweek-conveniently-failed-to-mention-about-continuity-of-government/
- ↑ This "raising of awareness" is an "official" part of the Strategy of Tension#The_PsyOp_component_of_a_strategy_of_tension.
- ↑ https://pastebin.com/x2uX8TDC Event 201
- ↑ https://www.newsweek.com/exclusive-inside-militarys-top-secret-plans-if-coronavirus-cripples-government-1492878