Council on Global Terrorism
|Council on Global Terrorism|
The Council on Global Terrorism is a group of scholars and government officials. According to its website "the Council aims to facilitate dialogue between the most knowledgeable minds on "terrorism" and promote information-sharing that will have a direct impact on our ability to prevent and respond to future attacks." As well as several "terrorism" experts, members includes Lee Hamilton, co-chair of the Iraqi Study Group, and David Bradley - Media Executive and founder of the business intelligence group Advisory Board Company - who almost certainly funds the group.
According to Domain Tools the organisation's website was created on 30 August 2006. The first public reference to the group was in a Guardian article published on 27 June 2006. According to Domain Tools the group's website is registered to a not-for-profit entity called the Atlantic Monthly Foundation. Press sources confirm is the institution behind the Council. Atlantic Monthly Foundation is an affiliate of David Bradley's Atlantic Media which publishes The National Journal and The Atlantic.
In February 2007 the Council published a book called State of the Struggle: Report on the Battle against Global Terrorism. The book was originally a photocopy report for limited distribution, each section of which granted a letter grade to particular areas in the 'war on terror'. A summary at the end groups the grades into a final "report card".
- Justine Rosenthal - Director
- David Bradley - Media Executive
- Lee Hamilton - Politician
- Bruce Hoffman - Terror Expert
- Brian Michael Jenkins - Terror Expert
- Paul Pillar - Terror Expert
- Xavier Raufer - Terror Expert and criminologist
- Walter Reich - Terror Expert and Psychiatrist
- Fernando Reinares - Terror Expert
- Brookings Institution - Published State of the Struggle