| Drąsius Kedys |
|Born||4 September 1972|
|Died||20 April 2010 (Age 37)|
Cause of death
|"choked on the contents of his stomach"|
|Victim of||Premature death|
Stated in 2010 that he would "fight to the end" to expose paedophile activity that had affected his daughter.
Drąsius Kedys stated in 2010 that he would "fight to the end" to expose paedophile activity that had affected his daughter. He died that April, officially due to choking on his vomit while intoxicated.
On 29 November 2008, Drąsius Kedys accused Laimutė Stankūnaitė of allowing Jonas Furmanavičius and Andrius Ūsas to sexually molest their young daughter. Frustrated by lack of progress in the investigation, Kedys took the case public. He published a video with his daughter's testimony, sent out DVDs to politicians, and appeared in the media. Still no case was brought before trial.
Western commercially-controlled media has not shown much interest in the case. In 2012, The Independent reported that 39 protestors were arrested by Lithuanian police.
As of March 2018, a YouTube search on "Drąsius Kedys" turned up about 1220 results.
On 24 April 2010 the body of Kedys was buried in Jonučiai cemetery, with 6,000 - 10,000 people in attendance.
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXiVSc6Hk5w
- ↑ https://www.sott.net/article/245042-Pedophile-scandal-in-Lithuania-Judges-and-Politicians-Implicated
- ↑ http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/lithuanian-police-arrest-39-in-child-custody-case-7762952.html
- ↑ http://archive.is/SKqRB
- ↑ http://www.delfi.lt/news/daily/kedys/prokuratura-surinkta-pakankamai-duomenu-leidzianciu-manyti-kad-dkedys-dalyvavo-nuzudant-jfurmanaviciu-ir-vnaruseviciene.d?id=47057255