File:02 08 07 ipcc stockwell.pdf
Jump to navigation Jump to search
02_08_07_ipcc_stockwell.pdf (file size: 657 KB, MIME type: application/pdf)
- This report concerns the IPCC independent investigation into complaints against police following the fatal shooting of Mr de Menezes at Stockwell Underground Station, London on 22 July 2005. Mr de Menezes was shot during a police anti-terrorist operation. Mr de Menezes was a Brazilian national who came to the UK as a student in 2002 and subsequently obtained employment as an electrician. He lived with two of his cousins at 17 Scotia Road, Tulse Hill, London.
- This investigation is referred to as the Stockwell 2 Investigation and deals with allegations that the MPS may have released inaccurate information, concurred with inaccurate information, or failed to correct such information following the shooting.
- The investigation into the circumstances of the shooting of Mr de Menezes was dealt with during the separate IPCC Independent investigation, Stockwell 1. This report does not seek to establish the reasons why Mr de Menezes was shot, attribute any blame for the shooting, or draw any conclusions in relation to his death.
- At the start of the investigation it was, and still is, understood by the IPCC that Mr de Menezes was not involved in any terrorist activity or other criminality whatsoever, and that his death was a tragedy. The MPS have acknowledged this position and apologised for the shooting.
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||19:41, 8 August 2010||(657 KB)||Peter|
- You cannot overwrite this file.