Jump to navigation Jump to search
| Grover Norquist |
|Born||Grover Glenn Norquist|
Sharon, Pennsylvania, U.S.
|Spouse||Samah Alrayyes Norquist|
|Member of||Council on Foreign Relations/Members 2|
- Former executive director, College Republicans, 1981-83
- Former executive director of National Taxpayers Union, 1981-83
- Former economist and chief speechwriter, U.S. Chamber of Commerce, 1983-1984
- Former economic advisor to Jonas Savimbi, UNITA (Angola). "During the eighties, l was very active with the Afghan resistance, and in Mozambique and Angola," Norquist told an interviewer. "Did a lot of political training for the Krieble Institute in Europe. I've been to all the Eastern European countries. I've just been to Japan for the founding of Japanese for Tax Reform." 
- Adviser to the Chairman of the Scottish Conservative Party Michael Forsyth, 1989.
- Victims of Communism Memorial Foundation Director
- Founder and president, Americans for Tax Reform (1985-present), which was originally organised by Bill Barr with prompting from the Reagan White House to rally grassroots support for the 1986 Tax Reform Act. 
- Helped the Heritage Foundation draft then-Rep. Newt Gingrich's Contract With America in 1994
- Campaign staff member on the 1988, 1992, and 1996 Republican Platform Committee
- Keynote speaker, 1995 National Conference on School Choice
- Author of a book about the GOP movement called 'Rock the House' 
- Commissioner on the National Commission Restructuring the Internal Revenue Service, a congressional advisory commission, from 1996-1997
- Director, Association of Concerned Taxpayers  (AOCT)
- President, Americans Against a National Sales Tax
- National leader of the "No New Taxes" pledge for political candidates
- Chairman Emeritus of the Islamic Institute
- Lobbyist for Microsoft 
- Member, board of directors, National Rifle Association 
- Member, board of directors, American Conservative Union 
- Member, Council on Foreign Relations (2001). 
- Former member, board of directors, Council for National Policy
- Member, board of directors, National Federation of Republican Assemblies (NFRA)
- President, District of Columbia Republican Assembly, D.C.'s NFRA affiliate
- Member, board of advisors, TheVanguard.Org
- President of the Advisory Board, Ronald Reagan Legacy Project (RRLP)
- Member, Board of Directors, Yorktown University 
- Consultant for Janus-Merritt Strategies, a lobbying firm
- Serves on the executive council of the Tax Relief Coalition
- Norquist also writes a monthly politics column for the American Enterprise Institute Magazine
- Advisory Board, U.S.-Ukraine Foundation 
- John Berlau, 'Grover Norquist takes on the tyranny of federal taxation', BNET website, 26 January, 1998.
- 'Americans for Tax Reform', web.archive.org/People for the American Way website, accessed 1 April, 2009.
- Amazon book listing - 'Rock the House' (VYTIS Publishing Company; 2nd edition (November 1995), Amazon website, accessed 1 April, 2009.
- 'Meet Grover Norquist, Director Association of Concerned Taxpayers', Association of Concerned Taxpayers website, accessed 1 April, 2009.
- Ken Silverstein, 'The Microsoft Network', web.archive.org/Mother Jones, January/February, 1998. (Accessed 1 April, 2009)
- 'WASHINGTON, D.C.', NRA: The Winning Team website
- 'Speakers Bureau - Grover G. Norquist', American Conservative Union website
- 'Grover Norquist', NNDB website, accessed 1 April, 2009.
- web.archive.org/Yorktown University website, accessed 1 April, 2009.
- USUF Board of Directors and Advisory Board, U.S.-Ukraine Foundation, accessed August 17, 2008.