Time for Tom Watson to apologise
|Born||Keith Harvey Proctor|
16 January 1947
Harvey Proctor (born 16 January 1947) is a British former Conservative Party Member of Parliament. A member of the Conservative Monday Club, he represented Basildon from 1979 to 1983 and Billericay from 1983 to 1987.
Harvey Proctor became embroiled in a scandal involving sex workers which culminated in criminal convictions and ended his parliamentary career.
In June 2019, Harvey Proctor appeared at Newcastle Crown Court where he gave evidence at the trial of Carl Beech, who was accused of lying to police about the alleged VIP paedophile ring investigated by Operation Midland. Proctor said "The allegations are wrong, malicious, false, horrendous" and later explained that intense media interest, following the police raid, had led to him losing his job and then him deciding to move to Spain as the UK "wasn't safe".
Criticising Tom Watson
- "Tom Watson ‘mixed up’ his facts and made exaggerated claims about a ‘powerful paedophile network’ linked to Downing Street… I would never have wanted Tom Watson to do a PMQ as a tactic until he heard the whole story."
Now former MP Harvey Proctor, one of the victims of Beech’s accusations, has laid into Watson for his part in a ‘truly digraceful chapter’, saying that Watson ‘gave oxygen’ to the false claims and continuing:
- "The Metropolitan Police were lapdogs to Mr Watson’s crude dog whistle. It’s time for the torchlight to take a closer look at Mr Watson.
- "It is now beyond doubt that all of these allegations could never have been true and only someone with spectacular bad judgment could think that they might be.
- It is time for an apology from him to me and everyone named or implicated in this truly disgraceful chapter in the history of British policing, which was allowed to happen because of internal failings at the highest level within the Metropolitan Police Service.
- "Credible and True: The Political and Personal Memoir of K. Harvey Proctor"
- "MP on gay sex charges"
- "Proctor is fined £1,450 for spanking rent boys"
- "Abuse claims 'horrendous' says former MP"
- "Paedophile Carl Beech gave NSPCC talks to children about abuse"
- "Watson hammered as Beech found guilty of abuse invention"