Justice Democrats is an American progressive political action committee founded on 23 January 2017 by Kyle Kulinski of Secular Talk, Cenk Uygur of The Young Turks, Saikat Chakrabarti, and Zack Exley, former leaders from Bernie Sanders' 2016 presidential campaign.
Justice Democrats formed as a result of the 2016 United States presidential election and aspires "to elect a new type of Democratic majority in Congress" that would "create a thriving economy and democracy that works for the people, not big money interests". The group advocates for campaign finance reform (reducing the role of money in politics) and only endorses candidates who pledge to refuse donations from corporate PACs and lobbyists.
Justice Democrats endorsed considerably fewer candidates in 2020 than it did in 2018, a strategy to focus the group's resources on the most promising candidates.
Kulinski and Uygur are no longer part of the group but remain active supporters. Alexandra Rojas became executive director of the organisation in May 2018.
- ↑ "Justice Democrats - committee overview
- ↑ "Justice Democrats: Frequently Asked Questions"
- ↑ "Cenk Uygur, Bernie Sanders staffers team up to take over the Democratic Party"
- ↑ "Meet the Bronx middle school principal challenging a 16-term congressional incumbent"
- ↑ "Why the progressive group behind AOC thinks Democrats have it backwards"
- ↑ "Alexandra Rojas Is Taking on the Democratic Establishment, One Race at a Time"
Wikipedia is not affiliated with Wikispooks. Original page source here