Libyan Islamic Fighting Group
|Libyan Islamic Fighting Group|
Aligned with Al Qaeda
In April 2011, Michel Chossudovsky wrote:
- “The Libyan Islamic Fighting Group threatens global safety and stability through the use of violence and its ideological alliance with al Qaeda and other brutal terrorist organisations”.
In a cruel irony, Washington and the Atlantic Alliance are acting in defiance of their own anti-terrorist laws and regulations. Moreover, support under “Responsibility to Protect” (R2P) to opposition forces integrated by terrorists is implemented pursuant to UN Security Council Resolution 1973, which is blatant violation of UNSC Resolution 1267. The latter identifies the Al-Jama’a al-Islamiyyah al-Muqatilah bi-Libya, the Libya Islamic Fighting Group (LIFG), as a terrorist organisation.
Meeting Syrian rebels
On 27 November 2011, the Telegraph in an article titled, “Leading Libyan Islamist met Free Syrian Army opposition group” reported:
- Abdelhakim Belhadj, head of the Tripoli Military Council and the former leader of the Libyan Islamic Fighting Group, “met with Free Syrian Army leaders in Istanbul and on the border with Turkey,” said a military official working with Mr Belhadj. “Mustafa Abdul Jalil (the interim Libyan president) sent him there.”
- The meetings came as a sign of a growing ties between Libya’s fledgling government and the Syrian opposition. The Daily Telegraph on Saturday revealed that the new Libyan authorities had offered money and weapons to the growing insurgency against Bashar al-Assad.
- Mr Belhadj also discussed sending Libyan fighters to train troops, the source said. Having ousted one dictator, triumphant young men, still filled with revolutionary fervour, are keen to topple the next. The commanders of armed gangs still roaming Tripoli’s streets said yesterday that “hundreds” of fighters wanted to wage war against the Assad regime.
Revealed once again is a convenient intersection of terrorist and US-British interests – this time in pursuit of regime change in Syria in the wake of successful US-UK backed regime change in Libya.
|Document:MI6, Theresa May and the Manchester attack||Article||30 May 2017||Jonathan Cook||And so the story of MI6 and Theresa May, their sponsorship of Islamic jihadism, and the likely “blowback” the UK just experienced in Manchester is a sleeping dog no one seems willing to disturb.|
|Document:Manchester Alleged Suicide Bomber Linked to Libya Islamic Fighting Group||Article||24 May 2017||Tony Cartalucci||The British government is directly responsible for the Manchester Arena bombing. It had foreknowledge of LIFG’s existence and likely its activities within British territory and not only failed to act, but appears to have actively harboured this community of extremists for its own geopolitical and domestic agenda.|
|Document:Manchester atrocity: UK government must come clean about its relationship with Libyan Islamists||Article||6 June 2017||Mohamed El-Doufani||The perpetrator of the Manchester atrocity, British-born Libyan Salman al-Abedi, 22, is largely the product of the policy pursued by successive British governments – Conservative and Labour – towards Libya.|
|Document:Theresa May's personal role in facilitating terror attacks||video||5 June 2017||Dan Glazebrook||Theresa May and her Cabinet are complicit in murder. They are war criminals. If the principles established by the Nuremberg Tribunal after World War II were applied, they would be hung.|
- "QE.L.11.01. Libyan Islamic Fighting Group". United Nations Security Council Al-Qaida Sanctions Committee. 23 August 2010. Retrieved 9 August 2012.Page Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css must have content model "Sanitized CSS" for TemplateStyles (current model is "plain text").
- "UN list of affiliates of al-Qaeda and the Taliban". Un.org. Archived from the original on 28 July 2006. Retrieved 2011-11-08.Page Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css must have content model "Sanitized CSS" for TemplateStyles (current model is "plain text").
- “'Our Man in Tripoli': US-NATO Sponsored Islamic Terrorists Integrate Libya’s Pro-Democracy Opposition"
- Treasury Designates UK-Based Individuals, Entities Financing Al Qaida -Affiliated Libyan Islamic Fighting Group – US Fed News Service, February 8, 2006
- The Al-Qaida and Taliban Sanctions Committee – 1267
- "Leading Libyan Islamist met Free Syrian Army opposition group"
|This is a page stub. Please add to it.|