Marconi Electronic Systems

From Wikispooks
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Group.png Marconi Electronic Systems  Rdf-icon.png
HeadquartersChelmsford, England
Type• commercial
• military

GEC acquired the Marconi Company in 1968 to form GEC-Marconi. The Marconi brand was used for its defence businesses e.g. Marconi Space & Defence Systems (MSDS) and Marconi Underwater Systems Ltd (MUSL). In 1998 GEC-Marconi was renamed Marconi Electronic Systems (MES).[1]

Premature deaths

There are many premature deaths associated with GEC-Marconi in the 1980s. Their connection, if any, remains unclear:[2][3]

1982

1983

1985

1986

  • Vimal Dajibhai - Suicide by driving from bridge
  • Arshad Sharif - Suicide by tying a rope around his neck and to a tree and then driving off at maximum speed

1987

  • Richard Pugh - Found bound with rope and a plastic bag over his head: suicide.
  • Avtar Singh-Gida - Survived but missing for months; found back in the Paris red light district without knowing how he got there.
  • Dr. John Brittan - Carbon monoxide poisoning in his home garage
  • David Skeels - Carbon monoxide poisoning with a hose pipe connected to his car exhaust
  • Victor Moore - Drug overdose.
  • Peter Peapell - Carbon monoxide poisoning in his home garage
  • David Sands - Crashed his car with additional fuel cans in a cafeteria
  • Stuart Gooding - Car crash on Cyprus with lorry.
  • David Greenhalgh - Jumped from railway bridge; survived for a few days, but had no idea how or why he jumped
  • George Kountis - Drowned after car entered water; sister skeptical of death
  • Shani Warren - Drowned in 18 inches of water
  • Mark Wisner - Found at home with plastic bag and cling film around his head
  • Michael Baker - Single car traffic accident
  • Frank Jennings - Heart attack (age 60)

1988

  • Russell Smith - Fall from cliff
  • Trevor Knight - Carbon monoxide poisoning with a hose pipe connected to his car exhaust
  • Alistair Beckham - Found electrocuted in his shed with wires connected to his body and a handkerchief stuffed in his mouth
  • Peter Ferry - Found electrocuted in his company flat with electrical leads in his mouth
  • Andrew Hall - Carbon monoxide poisoning with a hose pipe connected to his car exhaust



References