| Mark Boguski |
(Doctor, COVID-19/Premature death?)
|Born||Cleveland, Ohio, USA|
|Died||18 March 2021|
Cause of death
|Alma mater||Washington University in St. Louis|
|Victim of||premature death|
American medical researcher that killed himself in 2021.
Mark Boguski was an American doctor. His "suicide" had no media coverage.
Boguski earned his M.D., and Ph.D. in molecular biology in December 1986 from Washington University School of Medicine and the Division of Biology and Biomedical Sciences, Medical Scientist Training Program, St. Louis, Missouri. In 1989, Boguski became a Medical Staff Fellow at the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases at the U.S. National Institutes of Health and joined the nascent National Center for Biotechnology Information as an Investigator in 1990. He was tenured as a Senior Investigator in 1995.
Boguski served on the faculties of the U.S. National Institutes of Health, the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine and Harvard Medical School, and as an executive in the biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries. He was a former Vice President and Global Head of Genome and Protein Sciences at Novartis. Subsequently, he became Chief Medical Officer of Liberty BioSecurity, LLC and founded the Precision Medicine Network in 2014. He has written a series of books on cancer for the general public under the series title Reimagining Cancer. Boguski was a past Editor-in-Chief of the journal Genomics.
Dr. Boguski most recently served as the Chief Medical Officer for Liberty Biosecurity, a life sciences company with operations in the United States and Australia. He led the company's clinical program which is focused on leveraging novel biology from extreme environments to discover new drugs and therapies.
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20210820191115/https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Boguski
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20210422151250/https://ncbiinsights.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/2021/04/14/remembering-mark-boguski/
- ↑ http://dbbs.wustl.edu/Pages/index.aspx%7Ctitle=The Division of Biology & Biomedical Sciences
- ↑ http://mstp.wustl.edu/Pages/index.aspx
- ↑ Editorial Board, Genomics, vol. 85, no. 1 (2005), p. IFC
- ↑ https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/obituary-mark-boguski-mdphd-monica-boguski-calzolari-mba