| Matti Apunen |
|Born||20 August 1960|
|Alma mater||University of Tampere|
|Member of||Bilderberg/Steering committee|
Hexabilderberg Finnish business lobbyist
Veli Matti Apunen is a political advocate who has been the head of the lobbying group the Business Delegation (EVA) since 2010. He resigned at the end of February 2019. Prior to that, he was editor-in-chief of the Tampere newspaper Aamulehti from 1998 to 2010. He started on 1 September 2019 at the University of Tampere as a working life professor at the Faculty of Information Technology and Communications.Apunen started as Chairman of the Board of the government's radio and TV-broadcaster YLE in May 2021.
Apunen participated in six Bilderberg Group meetings 2011-2016.
Apunen enrolled as a student in 1979 and graduated with a master's degree in social sciences in 1989 from the University of Tampere. His father is Osmo Apunen, Professor Emeritus of International Politics at the University of Tampere.
Apunen started his career as a journalist at Aamulehti. He was the magazine's cultural editor from 1985 to 1994, where he wrote about films in particular. From 1995 to 1996, Apunen was Aamulehti's development manager and from 1997 to 1998 editor-in-chief of Image. In 1998, Apunen became the editor-in-chief of Aamulehti and served as the editor-in-chief from 2000 to 2010.
In April 2010, Apunen was elected head of the Business Delegation (EVA). He took up the post in August. He resigned at the end of February 2019.
In April 2017, Apunen was elected chairman of t he premier division of Finnish football (Veikkausliiga).
As EVA's director, Apunen has written columns for Helsingin Sanomat about once a month. He has also written and translated several books.
In September 2010, Apunen suggested that the Union of Journalists should investigate journalists' party positions. In 2011, he took a stand against anonymous and pseudonymous writing.
Matti Apunen has said that he is a classic liberal. Apunen is known as an advocate for business and a disseminator of ideas for economic actors like Björn Wahlroos and Jorma Ollila,  both prominent Bilderbergers.
Events Participated in
|Bilderberg/2011||9 June 2011||12 June 2011||Switzerland|
|59th meeting, in Switzerland, 129 guests|
|Bilderberg/2012||31 May 2012||3 June 2012||US|
|The 58th Bilderberg, in Chantilly, Virginia. Unusually just 4 years after an earlier Bilderberg meeting there.|
|Bilderberg/2013||6 June 2013||9 June 2013||Watford|
|The 2013 Bilderberg group meeting.|
|Bilderberg/2014||29 May 2014||1 June 2014||Denmark|
|The 62nd Bilderberg, with 136 guests, held in Copenhagen|
|Bilderberg/2015||11 June 2015||14 June 2015||Austria|
|The 63rd meeting, 128 Bilderbergers met in Austria|
|Bilderberg/2016||9 June 2016||12 June 2016||Germany|
|The 2016 Bilderberg meeting took place in Dresden, Germany.|
- ↑ https://www.iltalehti.fi/politiikka/a/76dd3f78-ec4e-4a18-bed4-b4245b290f6c
- ↑ https://yle.fi/uutiset/3-10913658
- ↑ https://yle.fi/uutiset/3-11604691
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20131203222436/http://www.journalistiliitto.fi/journalisti/lehti/2011/16/artikkelit/arsyttava-apunen/
- ↑ http://yle.fi/uutiset/aamulehden_apunen_evan_johtoon/1610955
- ↑ https://www.aamulehti.fi/urheilu/matti-apunen-meidan-on-pidettava-huolta-ottelutapahtumien-laadusta-ja-pelaajakehityksesta-24440413/
- ↑ http://www.hs.fi/aihe/mattiapunen/
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20140910204525/http://www.hs.fi/kulttuuri/artikkeli/1135260782991.html
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20140910210113/http://www.hs.fi/paakirjoitus/artikkeli/Tule+mukaan+paraatiin/1135268945911
- ↑ http://www.talouselama.fi/kolumni/maailma+matti+apusen+kasissa/a2087104
- ↑ http://yle.fi/ylex/uutiset/riku_rantala_apusen_kirjoituksesta_matti_saa_palkkaa_siita_etta_perustelee_rikkaiden_etuoikeuksia/3-7555914