This is a non-exhaustive list of things that need attention with the site operating software.
I'm not exactly a dummy with it, but neither am I a guru - nor ever likely to be - so suggestions/offers from real Mediawiki geeks is likely to be taken up - provided you can persuade me that your motives for doing so are in keeping with the site rationale.
- Design of mandatory auto-loading template for pages created in the Document Namespace. This is to make sure that proper attribution is provided with appropriate links to the author and/or information about him/her. It is also to warn against editing for reasons other than to improve presentation or add to the links section of the page.
To Do List
- Get the Category Tree into shape
- Design or pinch various templates for page stubs editorial guideline breaches, article tidy-up and whole host of others
- Improving --Peter P 11:05, 21 July 2010 (IST)
- OK, let's make a list of these - maybe copy from wikipedia? Robin 09:16, 25 November 2011 (UTC)
- Nothing urgent needed here. I do need a modified clone of the WpPage template and possible form for 'Document' pages - but again not pressing --Peter P 12:37, 25 November 2011 (UTC)
- Install and test various MediaWiki extensions
- Many already installed - details at special page Version --Peter P 11:05, 21 July 2010 (IST)
- OK, Do we still have unmet needs in this area, or can we remove this from the list? Robin 09:16, 25 November 2011 (UTC)
- The only extension I have in mind is threaded discussions. It looks useful and is, I think, being built in to 1.17 and 1.18 --Peter P 12:37, 25 November 2011 (UTC)