|Born||August 1, 1932|
Brooklyn, New York, United States
|Died||5 November 1990 (Age 58)|
|Founder of||Jewish Defence League|
Kahane was assassinated by El Sayyid Nosair, an Egyptian-born U.S. citizen who had trained in Pakistan. He was initially charged and acquitted of the murder. Nosair was later convicted of the murder in U.S. District Court for his involvement in the 1993 World Trade Center bombing. Prosecutors were able to try Nosair again for the murder because the federal indictment included the killing as part of the alleged terrorist conspiracy. He was sentenced to life imprisonment and later made a confession to federal agents.
- Juergensmeyer, Mark (2003). Terror in the Mind of God. University of California Press. p. 59.Page Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css must have content model "Sanitized CSS" for TemplateStyles (current model is "CSS").
- Katz, Samuel M. "Relentless Pursuit: The DSS and the manhunt for the al-Qaeda terrorists", 2002
- Hamm, Mark S (2007). Terrorism as Crime: From Oklahoma City to Al-Qaeda and Beyond. NYU Press, p 29
- SELWYN RAABPublished: December 23, 1991 (December 23, 1991). "Jury Selection Seen As Crucial to Verdict". New York Times. Retrieved March 30, 2013.Page Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css must have content model "Sanitized CSS" for TemplateStyles (current model is "CSS").
- CNN Jenkins, Brian. "Sheik, others convicted in New York", October 1, 1995, CNN
- Scheffler, Gil. "Sharon was Kahane killer's target", Aug 15, 2010, The Jerusalem Post
|This is a page stub. Please add to it.|