|Sir Mick Davis|
|Born||Michael Lawrence Davis|
|Nationality||British, South African|
|Education||Theodor Herzl School|
|Alma mater||Rhodes University|
|Title||Chief Executive of Xstrata plc|
Sir Michael Lawrence "Mick" Davis (born 15 February 1958) is a South African/British businessman. He served as the Chief Executive of Xstrata plc, an Anglo-Swiss multinational mining company until its merger with Glencore International Plc in 2013. After leaving Xstrata, he formed mining venture, X2 Resources.
Early life and education
Mick Davis was born to a Jewish family  on 15 February 1958. He was educated at Theodor Herzl School, Port Elizabeth, South Africa, where he was a schoolfriend of Ivan Glasenberg, Chief Executive of Glencore. He has a Bachelor of Commerce degree from Rhodes University and is a qualified accountant.
[[Display born on::15 February 1958| ]]
- "X2 Resources secures a further $1bn of funds to expand mining business". Mining Technology. 16 October 2014. Retrieved 14 May 2015.
- Jewish Chronicle: "JC Power 100 2014 - Mick Davis" September 10, 2014
- "Jewish Leadership Council:Mick Davis". Jewish Leadership Council. Retrieved 15 November 2012.
- Power, Helen; Helia Ebrahimi, Helia; Rowley, Emma (8 September 2012). "The Glencore-Xstrata war has turned friends into foes". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 3 September 2014.CS1 maint: Multiple names: authors list (link)
- "Mick Davis". Who's Who South Africa. Retrieved 15 November 2012.