| Naomi Campbell |
|Born||22 May 1970|
Streatham, South London
|Spouse|| • Flavio Briatore|
• Vladislav Doronin
|Member of||Jeffrey Epstein/Black book, Lolita Express/Passengers|
1990s supermodel with many interesting acquaintances.
Naomi Elaine Campbell  is a British model, actress, singer, and businesswoman. She began her career at the age of 15, and established herself amongst the most recognisable and in-demand models of the past four decades. Campbell was one of six models of her generation declared supermodels by the fashion industry and the international press.
She was a friend of Jeffrey Epstein.
Naomi was born in Streatham, South London to Jamaican-born dancer Valerie Morris on 22 May 1970. In accordance with her mother's wishes, Campbell has never met her father, who abandoned her mother when she was four months pregnant and went unnamed on her birth certificate. She took the surname "Campbell" from her mother's second marriage.
Campbell spent her early years in Rome, Italy, where her mother worked as a modern dancer. On their return to London, she lived with relatives while her mother travelled across Europe with the dance troupe Fantastica. From age three, Campbell attended the Barbara Speake Stage School and at 10 she was accepted into the Italia Conti Academy of Theatre Arts, where she studied ballet. She also attended Dunraven School.
Campbell regards French-based Tunisian fashion designer Azzedine Alaïa, whom she met in 1986 at 16, as her "papa".
The same year, Campbell's career progressed steadily: she walked the catwalk for such designers as Gianni Versace, Azzedine Alaïa, and Isaac Mizrahi and posed for such photographers as Peter Lindbergh, Herb Ritts, and Bruce Weber. By the late 1980s, Campbell, with Christy Turlington and Linda Evangelista, formed a trio known as the "Trinity", who became the most recognisable and in-demand models of their generation.
In August 1988, she was the first black model to be on the cover of French Vogue and was also the first on the cover of Time Magazine (Europe edition of September 18, 1991).
She appears on more than 500 magazine covers, in various international editions of Vogue, Elle, iD, Glamour, Harper's Bazaar, Interview, W, Vanity Fair, GQ etc. She has also appeared in many music videos, such as by George Michael or Michael Jackson.
She also participated in the Kabbalistic sect of Philip Berg.
Campbell’s name has been linked to Jeffrey Epstein, as the supermodel was listed on at least two flight logs for Epstein’s private plane – one for a trip from London to New York in February 2002 and another in October 2002 from Paris to New York, along with Maxwell and former U.S. President Bill Clinton, among others.
Virginia Giuffre stated in a document attached to a November 2016 deposition of hers that “I met Naomi Campbell at a birthday party of hers on a yacht in the South of France...She is a friend of Ghislaine’s, but she was a real bitch to me.” Later on, the same document states, “I met famous friends of [Epstein’s], such as Al Gore, Heidi Klum, and Naomi Campbell.” The allegation tis corroborated by images of Campbell on a yacht in St. Tropez with Guiffre and Maxwell. A representative for Campbell denied to media that she "ever had a birthday party on a yacht".
In a video addressing the Epstein allegations.,she says at the end “you can read in between the lines and know why they keep coming at me”.
In 1999, Campbell entered rehab for cocaine drug addiction and alcohol addiction. Of her choice to first use the drug in 1994, Campbell said in 2005, "I was having fun. I was living this life of travelling the world and having people just give you anything. [But] the little glow in your face goes....It's a very nasty drug."
In 2002, Campbell won a breach of confidentiality lawsuit against the Daily Mirror, after the newspaper published a report of her drug addiction, including a photograph of her leaving a Narcotics Anonymous meeting. The High Court ordered £3,500 in damages from the Daily Mirror. Later that year, the ruling was overturned by the Court of Appeal, which ordered Campbell to pay the newspaper's £350,000 legal costs, but in 2004 the House of Lords reinstated the High Court ruling and damages.
Campbell has been convicted of assault on four occasions, after she was accused eleven times of committing acts of violence against employees, associates and other individuals between 1998 and 2009. During the first such case, heard in February 2000, Campbell pleaded guilty in Toronto to assaulting her personal assistant with a mobile phone in September 1998. Campbell paid her former employee an undisclosed sum and agreed to attend anger management classes; her record was cleared in exchange for her expressing remorse. By 2006, eight other employees and associates had come forward with claims of abuse. During this time, Campbell was photographed wearing a Chip and Pepper T-shirt that read "Naomi Hit Me...and I Loved It".
In January 2007, Campbell pleaded guilty in New York to assaulting her former housekeeper, who had accused Campbell of throwing a BlackBerry personal organiser at her in March 2006. Campbell was sentenced to pay her former employee's medical expenses, attend an anger management program, and perform five days of community service with New York's sanitation department. She attended her community service wearing designer outfits, including fedoras, furs and—upon completion of her sentence—a silver-sequined $300,000 Dolce & Gabbana gown.
In June 2008, Campbell pleaded guilty to assaulting two police officers at London Heathrow Airport two months earlier; she had kicked and spat at the officers following an argument about her lost luggage. She was sentenced to 200 hours of community service and fined £2,300, and was banned for life from British Airways.
In July 2015, Campbell was sentenced to six months' probation by a Sicilian court for her August 2009 assault on a paparazzo photographer; she had hit him with her handbag for taking pictures of her and her then-partner.
In 1993, she became engaged to U2 bassist Adam Clayton. In 1995, she dated Leonardo DiCaprio. From 1998 through 2003, she was in a relationship with fraudster and Formula One racing head Flavio Briatore; she became engaged to him before breaking off the relationship. Campbell now considers Briatore her "mentor". From 2008 until 2013, she was in a relationship with Russian billionaire businessman Vladislav Doronin. She also had relationships with Robert De Niro, Hassan Jameel, Sean "Diddy" Combs, and Usher. In 2019, she dated Liam Payne and Skepta.
In May 2021, at age 51, she announced the birth of her daughter.
- ↑ http://www.biography.com/people/naomi-campbell-16243293 |
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20071114155926/https://time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,989517,00.html
- ↑ a b c https://web.archive.org/web/20090119083450/http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/profiles/naomi-campell-a-model-of-privacy-660862.html
- ↑ a b http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/story/naomi-will-never-know-her-dad
- ↑ a b c d e f http://www.vogue.com/voguepedia/Naomi_Campbell
- ↑ https://ghostarchive.org/archive/20220111/https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/7753743/Naomi-Campbell-welcome-to-her-diamond-life.html
- ↑ https://www.standard.co.uk/news/honour-for-arts-centre-where-bob-marley-danced-with-naomi-campbell-7-6382917.html
- ↑ https://www.theguardian.com/fashion/2020/aug/16/naomi-campbell-it-is-time-to-reset-the-supermodel-relishes-a-moment-of-change
- ↑ https://www.wmagazine.com/story/azzedine-alaia-dies-naomi-campbell-remembers-designer
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20140122114643/http://www.vogue.com/voguepedia/Christy_Turlington
- ↑ https://archive.wikiwix.com/cache/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fhibostylepicks.wordpress.com%2F2009%2F06%2F11%2Flife-photo-archive%2F
- ↑ https://lifemag-ci.com/ces-10-choses-que-vous-ne-saviez-peut-etre-pas-sur-naomi-campbell/
- ↑ a b https://www.thefashionlaw.com/naomi-campbell-mc2-agency-founder-and-more-linked-to-epstein-in-unseal-court-documents/ Archive: https://web.archive.org/web/20211018102706/https://www.thefashionlaw.com/naomi-campbell-mc2-agency-founder-and-more-linked-to-epstein-in-unseal-court-documents/
- ↑ https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7350257/Is-proof-Prince-Andrews-Epstein-girl-paraded-VIP-parties.html
- ↑ https://youtu.be/DMy7UUVinUU
- ↑ a b c d e f https://web.archive.org/web/20080423121043/http://www.people.com/people/naomi_campbell/biography/0,,,00.html
- ↑ a b c http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3689049.stm
- ↑ http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/629107.stm
- ↑ http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2008/05/29/2008-05-29_naomis_timeline_of_trouble.html
- ↑ https://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/17/nyregion/17naomi.html
- ↑ https://ghostarchive.org/archive/20220111/https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/2164670/Naomi-Campbell-sentenced-for-assaulting-police-after-luggage-lost-on-flight.html
- ↑ http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-campbell-idUKGOR03566020080620
- ↑ https://ghostarchive.org/archive/20220111/https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/italy/11777294/Naomi-Campbell-guilty-of-assault-on-Sicilian-paparazzo.html
- ↑ http://www.elleuk.com/fashion/celebrity-style/leonardo-dicaprio-dating-history
- ↑ http://observer.guardian.co.uk/magazine/story/0,,1678568,00.html
- ↑ https://ghostarchive.org/archive/20220111/https://www.telegraph.co.uk/films/0/celebrities-dated-married-billionaires/naomi-campbell-andvladimir-doronin/
- ↑ https://people.com/style/naomi-campbell-talks-dating-life-wsj-magazine-interview/
- ↑ https://www.theguardian.com/fashion/2019/nov/16/naomi-campbell-friends-enemies-tabloids-fashions-new-world-order
- ↑ https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/naomi-campbell-responds-to-liam-payne-dating-rumors/
- ↑ https://www.marieclaire.com/celebrity/a26130500/naomi-campbell-liam-payne-timeline/
- ↑ https://people.com/parents/naomi-campbell-welcomes-first-baby/
Wikipedia is not affiliated with Wikispooks. Original page source here