| Razan al-Najjar |
Palestinian nurse murdered by the IDF
|Born||11 September 1996|
Khuza'a, Khan Yunis
|Died||1 June 2018 (Age 21)|
Palestinian nurse executed by Israeli soldiers.
Razan al-Najjar, the eldest of six children born to Ashraf al-Najjar (b. 1974), was a Palestinian nurse volunteering in the Gaza health ministry. She was a resident of Khuza'a, Khan Yunis, a village near the border with Israel.
Razan was fatally shot in the chest by Israeli soldiers as she tried to help evacuate wounded near Israel's border fence with Gaza.
Second murdered paramedic
Razan al-Najjar was the second Palestinian paramedic to be killed since the beginning of the Great March of Return, which advocates for the right of Gaza’s 1.3 million refugees to move back to the villages from where their families were displaced prior to and during the establishment of the State of Israel in 1948.
Palestinians and their supporters have been quick to point out that Israeli attempts at discrediting Najjar are likely a deliberate move to evade accountability for her death.
Sick, twisted and murderous regime
"Israel initially claimed it didn't deliberately target the 21-year-old Palestinian medic Razan al-Najjar. In a coordinated social media campaign, it is now trying to retroactively justify her murder. This is the behaviour of a sick, twisted and murderous regime."
Assassinated by Israel
In a video Norman Finkelstein condemned Israel:
- "On June 1st Israel assassinated a 20-year-old medic named Razan al-Najjar - a young woman of incomparable courage and heroism. She was approaching a wounded Palestinian, her arms were raised, she was wearing the medics outfit, there could be no mistaking her for a terrorist, let alone an armed terrorist, and she was shot dead in the back."
|Document:Guardian cartoonist Steve Bell accused of anti-Semitism over Razan al-Najjar image||Article||7 June 2018||Mike Sivier||Mrs May couldn’t care any less about the death of this young woman than Mr Netanyahu – she is deeply in cahoots with the Israeli government|
|Document:The corporate media’s world of illusions||blog post||11 June 2018||Jonathan Cook||Once one is prepared to step through the door, to discard the old Great Western Narrative script, the new narrative takes its hold because it is so helpful. It actually explains the world, and human behaviour, as it is experienced everywhere.|
- ↑ https://electronicintifada.net/blogs/ali-abunimah/gaza-medic-killed-israel-she-rescued-injured
- ↑ https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/protests-resume-after-palestinian-paramedic-s-gaza-funeral-n879621
- ↑ "Twitter hits back at Israeli attempt to smear slain Gaza medic Razan al-Najjar"
- ↑ "Sick, twisted and murderous regime"
- ↑ "Israel assassinated a 20-year-old medic, a young woman attending wounded Palestinians"
Wikipedia is not affiliated with Wikispooks. Original page source here