|Alma mater||Dartmouth College, Georgetown University Law Center.|
|Interests||Johnson & Johnson|
Worked at Johnson & Johnson for 27 years until 2012, became Acting United States Deputy Secretary of Homeland Security in 2016.
Russell C. Deyo is an American lawyer and government official, who worked for Johnson & Johnson for 27 years. Appointed Under Secretary for Management at the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) on May 11, 2015, he became the Acting Deputy Secretary of Homeland Security (DHS) on November 1, 2016.
Early life and education
Deyo graduated from Dartmouth College. He earned his J.D. from Georgetown University Law Center. At Georgetown, he was executive editor of the school's International Law Journal.
From 1977 to 1978, Deyo was an attorney at the New York City law firm Patterson, Belknap, Webb & Tyler. He was subsequently an Assistant U.S. Attorney for the District of New Jersey from 1978 to 1985. The last three years he was Chief of Special Prosecutions.
Deyo worked at Johnson & Johnson for 27 years, with positions such as general counsel and vice president of administration. He oversaw human resources, procurement, contributions, philanthropy, legal affairs and compliance. He was also on the management boards of several Johnson & Johnson operating companies. According to DHS, he oversaw "the Office of Corporate Secretary, Government Affairs and Policy, Privacy, Security and Aviation." For 16 years he was a member of the Johnson & Johnson executive committee. He retired from the company in 2012.
The fast-track from J&J to Deputy Secretary of Homeland Security probably means he had some connection to biological programs and biosecurity.
Deyo became Under Secretary for Management at DHS on May 11, 2015, with oversight of the department's management programs. He was the Acting Deputy Secretary of Homeland Security from November 1, 2016 to April 4, 2017.
- ↑ a b c d e f g h i j https://www.dhs.gov/archive/person/russell-c-deyo
- ↑ a b c d e https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/federal-eye/wp/2015/06/04/new-dhs-undersecretary-tackles-tough-management-challenges/
- ↑ a b c d e https://millercenter.rutgers.edu/staff/russell-c-deyo/
- ↑ a b c d e https://www.dhs.gov/news/2015/04/16/statement-secretary-jeh-c-johnson-confirmation-russell-c-deyo%7Caccess-date=2021-04-09
- ↑ a b c d e https://www.hsgac.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/Prepared%20Statement-Deyo-2014-09-17.pdf