|Interest of||Zhao Zhendong|
|Sponsored by||Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation|
|Producer of CoronaVac, the Chinese COVID-19 vaccine.|
Sinovac Biotech Ltd is a biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the research, development, manufacture and commercialisation of vaccines that protect against human infectious diseases. The company is based in Beijing, China.
As of 7 July 2021, its CoronaVac is the most widely used COVID-19 jab in the world, with 943 million doses delivered globally, most noticeably in the global south.
CoronaVac, also known as the Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine, is an inactivated virus COVID-19 vaccine developed by the company. CoronaVac does not need to be frozen and both the final product and the raw material for formulating CoronaVac can be transported refrigerated at 2–8 °C (36–46 °F), temperatures at which flu vaccines are kept.
Sinovac has signed purchase agreements for 380 million doses from COVAX. As of July 2021, CoronaVac was the most widely used COVID-19 vaccine in the world, with 943 million doses delivered.
In 2018, Sinovac received a $1,767,573 grant from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation for pneumonia research.
Sinovac's other commercialised vaccines include Healive (hepatitis A), Bilive (combined hepatitis A and B), Anflu (influenza), Panflu (H5N1) and PANFLU.1 (H1N1).
Sinovac is developing vaccines for enterovirus 71, universal pandemic influenza, Japanese encephalitis, and human rabies. Its wholly owned subsidiary, Tangshan Yian, is conducting field trials for independently developed inactivated animal rabies vaccines.
An internal document from the Chinese National Health Commission requested attention to a trend of some people developing leukaemia after receiving the COVID-19 vaccine. According to the document this happened in many areas of the country.
|Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation||Very influential and rich foundation established to take leadership of global health.|
- ↑ https://www.scmp.com/news/china/science/article/3140387/coronavirus-sinovac-worlds-most-used-vaccine-how-good-delta
- ↑ https://fancycomma.com/2020/07/22/coronavac-inactivated-covid19-vaccine/
- ↑ https://alkhaleejtoday.co/international/5246732/CoronaVac-Doses-will-come-from-China-on-nine-flights-and-can.html
- ↑ https://www.gatesfoundation.org/how-we-work/quick-links/grants-database#q/k=Sinovac
- ↑ https://www.aninews.in/news/world/asia/chinese-health-commission-document-reveals-countrys-covid-19-vaccines-caused-leukaemia20220308042319/
Wikipedia is not affiliated with Wikispooks. Original page source here