Welcome to Wikispooks!
We're glad you came. There's lots to do.
The Community portal is probably the best place to start for new users. To add a Wikispooks search facility to your browser, go here. If you've got a topic you're itching to write about, just dive in. If you're not sure where to start, you can introduce yourself by editing either this page or your user page. Robin (talk) 02:17, 24 July 2016 (IST)
Carbon Dating The Web - Predict the Birthday of a Webpage!
Time Travel - rebuilds website from various archives.
https://aviation.stackexchange.com/questions/16441/how-to-determine-the-aircraft-tail-number-on-a-particular-flight - http://archive.is/qNoiS
FOIA and released documents:
picture editing online:
How to get the YouTube thumbnail preview image from a video
How to get the YouTube transcript
Getting a Twitter preview without JAVA:
Military analysis US side:
Articles discussing Zbigniew Brzezinskis Between two ages:
white collar crime:
newspapers by country:
Thank you for your occasional contributions to Wikispooks. They are always apposite to the site's core purpose, plus well constructed and referenced. They are much appreciated. --Peter P (talk) 07:12, 3 March 2018 (GMT)
I just modified your reversion to Document:Gangsters Paradise . Well spotted on the typo. I replaced the link with an internal one, since the original document didn't have it. -- Robin (talk) 11:55, 12 September 2019 (UTC)
Wikispooks:Style_Guide#Standard_sections notes that "See also" sections are deprecated - the idea being to aim for ways to link in similar pages that explain their relevance. Are there any more possible missile struck planes? If so then we could try having a page for them and using |const. -- Robin (talk) 16:49, 13 October 2019 (UTC)
That I did not have in mind, sorry. If this is in the style guide and effective since 2014, then I guess it's not very much up for debate. But it is a very easy way to add links to related topics - in general I have to say, I am in favor for a see also section, at least in some cases. I guess relacing in the 'Style guide' means replacing. So that whatever I would file under 'see also' is in some way to be integrated in the text? For the "Sexual blackmail" article I would add in the first paragraph that on Wikispooks there are the articles: "VIPaedophile" and "The Pedophocracy" which deal with a similar (same?) topic in a different way. Not sure if there are other good ways to do this, cant think of anything better there.
Beside that you may now create a section for downed airplanes by a missile, so if I would like to link from Itavia Flight 870, to KAL007, to TWA800 and to MH17 then I would be writing a sentence or two in the articles, that there are these other air disasters, that were caused in a similar way and that they are equally suspicious because of this, that and the other. Is this the way to go? Sunvalley (talk) 01:05, 17 October 2019 (UTC)
What do you think about a separate Lockdown timeline, say at COVID-19/Pandemic/Timeline? I'm concerned that it we put too many events, it might lose the focus. -- Robin (talk) 13:46, 15 April 2020 (UTC)
- That is probably true. As you say it can be another timeline on the same page. I feel that it should overall not be to many sub-pages, but then again I was thinking that for consequences like: economic, coming food shortages, etc. way may need another. Cant do much today, please go ahead. -- Sunvalley (talk) 16:03, 15 April 2020 (UTC)
- Hello. From the viewpoint of navigation on the site, I think that it may not be ideal to build too many sub-pages from sub-pages. The casual reader likely will not use/see/recognise this since it is a bit different from Wikipedia where (mostly) all info for a topic is centred around one page and one sub-page if it comes to that. The point generally is, that information gets scattered over too many pages like this (you loose oversight which one you've read and which one you haven't opened yet). Maybe it is possible to leave it as it is for now. When it gets out of hand then it can still be done. A separate timeline page at COVID-19/Timeline that list both timelines?. With one sub-page from the main topic it is a bit more clear and you can click one topic after the other and read what is important to you.
- At the other hand, if you say it already makes more sense to sort it like this, then no problem with me.
- The other timeline software that you enabled with the Kennedy assassination will not get displayed without Java, so will many readers see this? Don't know how people browse this site, but on the web I mostly turn Java off.
I just replied to your query at Template talk:Document - the summary is to try Template:Rate. Probably the easiest way to get started is to copy one from User:Robin and adjust as needed. -- Robin (talk) 17:26, 6 September 2020 (UTC)
- Congratulations on your MS Estonia rating! I've just tweaked it a bit to use all the fields, in case that helps. I'm at a loss to explain why the bottom section is deficient on the MS Estonia page. That template has been broken for ages (by an SMW upgrade) so perhaps it's time I worked out what went wrong with it. -- Robin (talk) 18:43, 9 October 2020 (UTC)
As other users are discussing (re-)opening social media accounts, I was wondering if you any input, as to what platforms you think could contribute to more traffic and solid editors or viewpoints about the types of engagement we should be using. If you don't have any input, that's also fine, but please let me know. -- Jun (talk) 23:38, 28 February 2021 (UTC)
- Alt Tech platforms are a good way to outreach. UKpeacelibertyfreedom (talk) 22:50, 8 September 2021 (UTC)
Hello there Sunvalley, as there appears to be a surge in deep politics videos banned from youtube, I'm re-uploading them via our new wikispooks youtube channel. If you have videos on pages you'd like to add or re-appear on a wikispooks entry, please report them on the talk page or my own talk page if you bulk-request them. --Jun (talk) 06:33, 27 May 2021 (UTC)
- Hi, yes thanks. Saw that channel and was thinking about what would make sense for upload. So right now I can't think of anything. But also I wonder how long that will live. Can't decide if better or not, but it may make sense to leave all legacy now. You could draw a box with a screenshot from the video and put the video-link in a hyperlink below, just to give a similar visual representation, only it will not play on this website (there is also the question if people come here mostly with java active or not, and my impression is most visits during the day are from mobile OS, so is good video integration for those visitors important? don't know).
- Most sense it probably makes to keep using YT for long hd videos that clearly benefit from extra resolution.
- Otherwise, if you generally want to re-upload videos that we have linked here with a "video box" but now have been deleted by Youtube, I can note down links as I go along. -- Sunvalley (talk) 22:35, 28 May 2021 (UTC)
- Solid points, probably making the YT-links unlisted/private will help a lot I've heard as it gives us leverage in terms I can't discuss here publicly. Look forward to your down-links, but don't sweat it, it's just a backup. --Jun (talk) 01:25, 29 May 2021 (UTC)
Hi there, hope you're doing well. I've good news and bad news. Good news; I've uploaded the two videos to the YT channel. The SJW lecture is here; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8Aw7LlXNZY Bad news, the JRE vid has a copyright claim, the only way to upload it seems to be recording it by phone. I have no stabilizer for my phone, so It will take more time than the few weeks I gave you as time. You can also record it yourself by phone if you wish. I've e-mailed you the YT login data. Meanwhile I'll try to play around with a stabilizer and circumventing the superbam/Spotify copyright algorithm. Jun (talk) 02:37, 15 September 2021 (UTC)--
- Cool, thanks. I do have a Kali 2018.1 image (can be started as live CD), never done much with it, but I did notice there is a screen recording tool integrated that works right away. You can do a whole screen recording or only a certain area of the screen. Not sure about audio but if it works seamlessly as well, then still, there is the audio recognition that will prevent upload. Let's leave it at that. I will add it in a different way to the article (picture from the vid, explanation, link to the archive) -- Sunvalley (talk) 15:19, 15 September 2021 (UTC)