(investigative journalist, activist)
|Member of||American Herald Tribune, MintPress News, Unlimited Hangout, Working Group on Syria Propaganda and Media|
|Interests|| • Middle East|
• White Helmets
|Interest of||Chloe Hadjimatheou|
British investigative journalist focused on the Middle East. Helped expose the White Helmets.
Vanessa Beeley is a British investigative journalist focused on the Middle East. On her return from Syria in September 2016, she reported how 600,000 people moved from East to West Aleppo to take refuge when the NATO-backed rebels attacked the city in 2012.
Vanessa Beeley is clear that Syria's White Helmets, lauded in the West as a group of volunteer first-responders, funded by the US, Britain and others to the tune of $100 million and nominated for the 2016 Nobel Peace Prize, are nothing but terrorists. She accuses the White Helmets of stealing ambulances and fire engines, and even killing Syria's real Civil Defence officials. 
BBC threatens legal action
On 13 October 2020, Vanessa Beeley tweeted:
BBC hack is now threatening potential legal action against me for exposing #WhiteHelmets as #AlQaeda auxiliary. If WH are embedded with terrorist organisation in occupied hospitals & involved in persecution of civilians, they make themselves a legit target for liberating forces.
- 2. I stand by my statements to that effect. This was threat from BBC:
- 3. "One lawyer who we have spoken to tells us that someone who spends time with Syrian ministers & who is publicly calling 4 humanitarian workers to be bombed may be liable to face charges of aiding and abetting, inciting or conspiring to commit a crime under international law."
- 4. "This could appear to apply to you. Do you have anything you wish to respond to this?" Her email includes:
- 5. "That you are an anti-establishment activist who has devoted a lot of your time over the last few years to the idea that James Le Mesurier was a secret service agent running a fake group of rescue workers in Syria."
- 6. "That you contribute to and spread conspiracy theories. That the Russian government and Russian funded and controlled media such as RT and Sputnik Radio have helped promote you and your ideas."
- 7. "That the Syrian government has provided you with visas and state escorts and suggested places you could visit." they do that for all journalists, including #BBC. "That you were motivated by the suffering of children during your experiences in Gaza."
- 8. "That you have expressed anti-Semitic views, including blog posts and images posted on social media. That you see Britain as the corrupting force behind a lot of the horror in the world."
- 9. "We have investigated many of your claims in relation to the White Helmets and James Le Mesurier - for example that #WhiteHelmets fake their rescue videos or that James Le Mesurier and the White Helmets were involved in organ trafficking-found them not to have any substance."
- 10. "That you self-identify as a journalist although you have no formal training and do not conduct yourself with the rigour of a professional journalist." LOL
- 11. "That you have not contacted the White Helmets, Mayday Rescue Foundation or James Le Mesurier (when he was alive) and his family in order to check your facts or to get their response to your allegations about them."
- I interviewed #WhiteHelmets in #Syria.
- 12. "That you are pro-Assad, allow yourself to be used as a tool by & you promote the propaganda of Syrian government, turning a blind eye to human rights violations carried by Syrian military & that you give public talks as part of state sanctioned tours for visitors to Syria."
- 13. "That you promote the propaganda of the Russian government. That when questioned about whether you are paid by the Russian or Syrian states you have said that you are self-funded through the sale of your house. Do you have anything you wish to add to this?"
- 14. "That you have shifted your focus in recent months to *conspiracies* about Covid-19." Sigh.
- 15. In one of my convos with hack Chloe, I asked her if she would be looking into #WhiteHelmet involvement with BBC Panorama "Saving Syria's Children" hoax - she claimed it was not "big enough" & refused to.discuss. LOL. @cerumol
- 16. In previous conversations with BBC @bbclysedoucet I was told BBC would not consider looking into #WhiteHelmets because its too "polarising and controversial".
- 17. BBC trending hack, Mike Wendley attacked me for investigating the #Douma chemical attack hoax, funny how there is silence from #BBC now I am vindicated by brave #OPCW experts who have spoken out about OPCW corruption and fraud.
SitRep in East Ghouta
Vanessa Beeley's brief summary of the military campaign in East Ghouta "for those who are asking what is happening":
Let me ask you a question.
I am not sure which town you live in but imagine the suburbs of that town are occupied by a number of internationally recognised militant/terrorist factions intent on ethnically cleansing your town of any religious minority that does not ideologically comply with their extremism – and then imagine if, every day, those same factions are firing mortars, explosive bullets into crowds of school children or civilians at the busiest times in your town, or sending suicide car bombs to further maim and mutilate civilians – would you ask your government to do nothing and allow your city to be gradually destroyed and its people massacred over time?
Or, would you demand that your government send its Army into those areas to liberate them from the militant factions?
That is what is happening but only after the Syrian government has spent months/years trying to negotiate with those militant factions and has been evacuating a huge number of civilans from those areas prior to commencing the military campaign. Those militant factions are also holding civilians as hostages, human shields, they are starving them, torturing and abusing them, oh and putting them in cages.
This is war which is never desirable but who has imposed this war upon Syria? The NATO member states supported by Saudi Arabia, Israel, the UN and the aligned commercially-controlled media who are currently running a protectionist campaign for the "rebels" who are financed and armed by the governments who control the media.
Hope that is now clear?
Long live Syria and the Syrian Arab Army, may their victory be swift and the liberation complete...then you will hear the truth from the Syrian civilians not from the NATO member state mouthpieces in western media.
Report from Aleppo
Vanessa Beeley: writes that:
Children of West Aleppo targeted, murdered and injured by today's horrific rain of hell cannon mortars from terrorist factions in East Aleppo, armed and equipped by the US, UK, Turkey, Gulf States and Israel.
The majority of those killed and injured are Syrian Christians of Armenian origin:
The martyrs of today from the bombing of the neighbourhoods of Midan and Vilat:
- 1. Baya Arman Hindoyan
- 2. Zila Shabagshorian
- 3. Miray Hindoyan (These are the 3 in the photo)
- 4. Hasmik Kerakosian
- 5. Peri Shekliyan
- 6. An anonymous lady martyr heavily wounded:
- 7. Karnik Karabidian slightly wounded
- 8. Betty Lakhoyan Hindoyan
- 9. Mofsis Hindoyan
- 10. Nazar Zarminian
- 11. Mary Karabidian
- 12. Zovik Kabikian
Information from Dr Nabil Antaki:
Original post: Thank you Marwa Osman for translation.
Liberation of East Aleppo
The following is from the transcript of an RT video broadcast on 15th December 2016. It is an exchange between Vanessa Beeley and Brent Budowsky, a US-based reporter for The Hill, concerning the liberation of Eastern Aleppo from its 4 year occupation by Al-Nusra Front and their affiated rebel factions. It is illustrative of the gross bias of western media reporting on Syria generally and the ignorance of one of its 'journalists' in particular:
Brent Budowsky, columnist for the Hill: Nobody wants to kill and defeat the terrorists more than I do and more than the US, but what is happening in Aleppo is a moral crime against humanity. I agree with what Secretary of State John Kerry said that the Russian government should do everything to stop it, to end it, to support a ceasefire, to end the carnage, the killing and the bombing of innocent civilians. The UN is concerned about it. And I agree with their investigation into possible war crimes. I agree with what the pictures tell us. The bombing of civilians and the massacre of the innocents must stop. My strong advice to President Putin would be to follow John Kerry’s advice and end that carnage and killing right now. So should Assad, so should the Syrian army. It is a joke to treat them as liberators; they are mass-murdering civilians…
RT: Vanessa, what is your reaction to this political view of the events? As a journalist, how do you feel about that?
Vanessa Beeley, journalist: I’ve just returned from three days in East Aleppo, and I would like to 100 percent correct the lies that are being disseminated by the media, think tanks, governments across the West. Particularly your guest who has just uttered complete lies. I’ve spent basically three days in all the various liberated areas of East Aleppo… Many of the testimonies that we received from the civilians that this gentleman has just accused Russia and Syria of bombing, actually told us that they had been incarcerated for the last four years by the various US-backed terrorist militant groups such as Al-Nusra Front, Ahrar al-Sham, Harakat Nour al-Din al-Zenki whom we know beheaded the 12-year old Palestinian child. We were told stories about civilians who were trying to leave this imprisonment when the Russian and Syrian governments opened the humanitarian corridors. I interviewed one lady, I have her on film, where she tells me that one woman, who had been kept in a condition of starvation and malnutrition by these militant factions – who were stockpiling any humanitarian aid that came in and either selling it at extortionate prices. When this lady went on her knees to beg for food, she was shot in the mouth by the militant factions that have been imprisoning these civilians for the last four and a half years. Your [American] media and propaganda have supported that incarceration, torture, abuse and absolute horror that these civilians had had to go through.
RT: The spokesperson of the US State Department said he hasn't seen the videos of people celebrating on Aleppo’s streets. He's in a senior position; he must know what he's talking about, doesn't he?
Brent Budowsky: We can witness day by day dead babies by dead babies. You can watch the CNN, the BBC, any other television station. The point is – the killing, the bombings of civilians must stop. The dead children and babies is a moral outrage against humanity.
Vanessa Beeley: Can I ask one question? Where are these sources being able to transmit this information from? Because in East Aleppo there is no 3G, there is no wi-fi, there is no electricity. So I’d like to know how these sources are able to get this information via Skype connection to organisations – I’ll use that term loosely – like CNN, BBC, Channel 4. I would very much like to know how they achieve it and how there’re able to do that in East Aleppo. Unlike the corporate mainstream media, I have been in East Aleppo for the last three days, therefore, I’m giving you eyewitness testimony unlike your mainstream media that has not been there and relies upon spurious activists – like the White Helmets, who are funded by every single nation that has a vested and declared interest in regime change in Syria. That is your reliable source. Or perhaps the ‘Aleppo Media Center’ – French Foreign Office funded.... 
On Corporate Media Propaganda
“The gargantuan apparatus of mind bending and controlling is being put into hyper drive by the ruling elite. We are inundated with propaganda that challenges our sense of reality but only after being “tenderized” by the fear factor. Fear of “terror”, fear of war, fear of financial insecurity, fear of gun violence, fear of our own shadow. Once we are suitably quaking in our boots, in comes the rendition of reality that relieves our anxiety. If we challenge this version of events we are labelled a conspiracy theorist, a threat to security. We are hounded, discredited, slandered and ridiculed. We are isolated and threatened.”
Vanessa Beeley 
Coverage by corporate media
A Document by Vanessa Beeley
|Title||Document type||Publication date||Subject(s)||Description|
|Document:Journey To Aleppo Part I: Exposing The Truth Buried Under NATO Propaganda||Article||20 September 2016||Syria|
James Le Mesurier
|The Syrian people are suffering under the ‘moderate rebels’ and ‘opposition forces’ backed by the US, NATO member states and their allies in the Gulf states and Israel. Yet their suffering is largely ignored in the mainstream media unless it furthers the agenda dictated by the US State Department.|
A Quote by Vanessa Beeley
|Sean Penn||“Is Sean Penn a Hollywood “honey trap” for the five eyes intelligence alliance..? Or is Penn nothing more than a member of the rising celebrity cult-humanitarian complex spearheaded by entertainment stars, billionaires and activist “NGOs” that include Bill Gates, George Soros, Angelina Jolie, Bono and Penn’s ex-wife, Madonna? The line between being an intelligence asset and an “innocent” promoter of US hegemony and neoliberal capitalism is an indistinct one in either case.”||27 November 2020|
|Document:Larry Sanger is right, Wikipedia has become the establishment thought police - just look at my entry on there||Article||12 July 2021||Eva Bartlett||Eva Bartlett in an op-ed for RT, writes about the problems with Wikipedia.|
- "Liberty Report talks to Vanessa Beeley: ‘Everything the US media says about Aleppo is wrong’"
- "Syrian Perspective"
- "The REAL Syria Civil Defence Exposes Fake ‘White Helmets’ as Terrorist-Linked Imposters" - 21st Century Wire 23 September 2016
- "Vanessa Beeley Presents Exposé on White Helmets at Swiss Press Club in Geneva"
- "The White Helmet Melodrama - Vanessa Beeley on the Taylor Report"
- "A compiled thread from Vanessa Beeley"
- "BBC threatens legal action"
- "This was threat from BBC"
- "conspiring to commit a crime under international law"
- "Do you have anything you wish to respond to this?"
- "That you are an anti-establishment activist"
- "That you contribute to and spread conspiracy theories"
- "That you were motivated by the suffering of children during your experiences in Gaza"
- "That you have expressed anti-Semitic views, including blog posts and images posted on social media"
- "We have investigated many of your claims in relation to the White Helmets and James Le Mesurier"
- "That you self-identify as a journalist"
- "That you have not contacted the White Helmets, Mayday Rescue or James Le Mesurier"
- "SYRIA EXCLUSIVE: Vanessa Beeley Meets the White Helmets and Armed Group Leader in Dara’a Al Balad"
- "That you are pro-Assad"
- "That you promote the propaganda of the Russian government"
- "That you have shifted your focus in recent months to *conspiracies* about Covid-19"
- "In one of my convos with hack Chloe Hadjimatheou"
- "In previous conversations with BBC's Lyse Doucet I was told BBC would not consider looking into #WhiteHelmets"
- "BBC trending hack, Mike Wendley attacked me for investigating the #Douma chemical attack hoax"
- "SitRep in East Ghouta"
- "Report from Aleppo"
- "Unlike Western mainstream media, I’ve spent the last three days in East Aleppo" - Vanessa Beeley. RT 15 December 2016