Please rework this to show the hand of the deep state.
|Date||February 28 1993 - April 19, 1993|
|Location||Waco, Texas, US|
|Description||A 51-day siege which "tired and frustrated" the FBI negotiators after which the FBI burned down the compound.|
The Waco siege, also known as the Waco massacre, was the law enforcement siege and subsequent raid of the compound that belonged to the religious sect Branch Davidians led by David Koresh. It was carried out by the U.S. federal government, Texas state law enforcement, and the U.S. military.
The initial raid killed 4 ATF agents and 6 Branch Davidians. All of the ATF agents (Steve Willis, Robert Wiliams, Conway LeBleu, Todd McKeehan) were shot in a way that "questions were raised as to the nature and source of their wounds".
Following the initial raid, a 51-day siege ensued, which "tired and frustrated" the FBI negotiators. This ended with an assault by the FBI during which the compound burned down, killing 76 people. The tanks brought in for the final raid were, according to reports published at Counterpunch, from the Cavalry Division of the III Corps at Fort Hood, whose commander at the time was Wesley Clark.
In 1999, United States Attorney General Janet Reno appointed John Danforth to investigate the FBI's conduct in Waco. Danforth chose Edward L. Dowd as his deputy special counsel in this capacity.
Waco: The Rules of Engagement - critical documentary that highlights government lies surrounding the event
A Waco siege victim on Wikispooks
|David Koresh||A cult leader shot dead in the Waco siege.|
|Joe Biden||“But there's a big difference between mistakes and malevolence. The record of the Waco incident documents mistakes, mistakes in gathering intelligence; mistakes in planning and executing operational plans. And law enforcement should and must be held accountable for such mistakes. What the record from Waco does not evidence, however, is any improper motive or intent on the part of law enforcement. I believe this is a very important point to make to the American public, because there are a growing number of people across the country who are seizing on the incident at Waco, as well as Ruby Ridge, to suggest that law enforcement is our enemy...[...]..David Koresh and the Davidians set fire to themselves and committed suicide.”||Joe Biden||1995|
|Waco siege||A 51-day siege which "tired and frustrated" the FBI negotiators after which the FBI burned down the compound.|
|Baylor University||1845||Oldest continuously operating university in Texas|
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20200610174744/https://www.wacotrib.com/news/branch_davidians/known-casualties/article_2796eec3-4308-5120-9eb6-f8ff4d63ba23.html
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20180927121202/https://www.atf.gov/our-history/fallen-agents/steven-d-willis
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20201017002800/https://www.atf.gov/our-history/fallen-agents/robert-j-williams
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20201016224924/https://www.atf.gov/our-history/fallen-agents/conway-c-lebleu
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20190529050428/https://www.atf.gov/our-history/fallen-agents/todd-w-mckeehan
- ↑ http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1142670/posts
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20200610174758/https://www.wacotrib.com/news/branch_davidians/initial-autopsies-in-on-4-atf-officers/article_153ef665-5b89-50e2-b6eb-02617f0d78bd.html
- ↑ https://www.upi.com/Archives/2000/02/28/Report-FBI-pressed-before-attack/5344951714000/
- ↑ https://culteducation.com/group/1220-waco-davidians/24084-secret-memo-shows-fbi-dissension-over-waco-.html saved at Archive.org and Archive.is
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20110922100112/http://www.counterpunch.org/2003/09/17/wesley-clark-and-waco/
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20060104171303/http://www.counterpunch.org/waco.html
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20060104175533/http://www.counterpunch.org/waco2.html
|This is a page stub. Please add to it.|