|Born||Wesley Paul William Streeting|
21 January 1983
Wes Streeting (born 21 January 1983) is a British Labour Party politician serving as the Shadow Health Secretary since 29 November 2021, and the Member of Parliament (MP) for Ilford North since 2015.
@GordonBrown was absolutely brilliant on @BBCr4today on the future of the Union and the Labour Party, as was @ShabanaMahmood - Labour’s new National Campaign Coordinator - setting out the scale of Labour’s challenge and how we’ll meet it.
Wes Streeting served as the Shadow Secretary of State for Child Poverty from May 2021 to November 2021, Shadow Minister for Schools from 2020 to 2021, and briefly Shadow Exchequer to the Treasury in 2020. On 9 April 2020, Wes Streeting tweeted:
After more than four years on the @CommonsTreasury Committee, I am absolutely delighted to be joining @Keir_Starmer's frontbench in @AnnelieseDodds' shadow treasury team as Shadow Exchequer Secretary to the Treasury.
He was previously the President of the National Union of Students (NUS), as well as Deputy Leader of the London Borough of Redbridge and Cabinet Member for Health an Wellbeing.
In May 2021, Streeting revealed he had been diagnosed with kidney cancer and would be stepping back from frontline politics while he received treatment for it. On 27 July 2021, Streeting announced that he had been declared cancer-free, following an operation to remove one of his kidneys.
|Document:Letter to Sir Keir from a newly resigned member of the Labour Party||Letter||8 April 2020||Bronagh Wilson||The Labour Party is now dead, it has ceased to be, it is bereft of life. You Sir Keir and your fellow travellers disgust me and it is time you PASOKed right off!.|
- "Gordon Brown was absolutely brilliant on BBC Radio 4 today"
- "I am absolutely delighted to be Shadow Exchequer Secretary to the Treasury"
- "Gay MP Wes Streeting: ‘Parents cannot pick and choose which parts of Equality Act should apply’"
- "The Register of Members' Financial Interests – Streeting, Wes (Ilford North)"
- "Labour MP Wes Streeting diagnosed with kidney cancer"
- "Labour MP Wes Streeting ‘over the moon’ to be cancer free after successful operation"