|Capital and largest city of the province of Manitoba in Canada. Police "owned" by a sex predator. Has the highest security biolab in Canada.|
Winnipegis the capital and largest city of the province of Manitoba in Canada. As of 2021, Winnipeg had a city population of 749,607 and a metropolitan population of 834,678.
Peter Nygard "owned" the Winnipeg police
Fashion executive Peter Nygard who as of 2022 is being held without bail in Toronto, faces multiple sex trafficking charges in the U.S. Dozens of women throughout Canada, the U.S. and the Bahamas have come forward with allegations. But there are no charges against him in Winnipeg, Manitoba — the city where his empire began. The CBC reported he was first charged with a sexual offence in Winnipeg in 1968 and first arrested for rape in that city in 1980, but the alleged victims declined to testify in both of those cases.
Nygard used the 1980 case to publicly criticize police for charging him and. Court documents suggest this was not the last time Nygard tried to influence police. His nephew is alleged to have told one alleged victim in 1993 — a woman allegedly held against her will and raped over three days — that Nygard "owned" the Winnipeg police; court documents filed in New York claim Nygard played tennis regularly with a Bahamian police chief and had local cops on his payroll.
Winnipeg National Microbiology Laboratory
The Winnipeg National Microbiology Laboratory is the highest security laboratory in Canada. In July, 2019 it became known that a Chinese citizen had been fired from the lab. The firing took place in March, 2019. An RCMP investigation followed to determine the circumstances related to exporting pathogens to the Wuhan Institute of Virology. Dr. Xiangguo Qiu, her husband Keding Cheng and her students from China were removed from Canada’s only level-4 lab over what’s described as a possible “policy breach.” Since this time, the two Chinese scientists have “disappeared.” The lab had already exported batches of Ebola and Hendra viruses to China.
|University of Manitoba||1877||University in the province of Manitoba, Canada|
- ↑ https://www12.statcan.gc.ca/census-recensement/2021/search-recherche/productresults-resultatsproduits-eng.cfm?Lang=E&GEOCODE=2021S0503602
- ↑ https://www.aptnnews.ca/national-news/its-shameful-advocates-denounce-lack-of-criminal-charges-against-nygard-in-his-hometown/
- ↑ https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/fifth-estate-nygard-winnipeg-1.6267003
- ↑ https://www.vice.com/en/article/wx87jq/peter-nygard-was-known-to-police-sex-assaultcharges
- ↑ https://torontosun.com/news/local-news/is-disgraced-fashion-mogul-peter-nygard-being-protected-against-charges-in-winnipeg
- ↑ a b https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/canadian-scientist-sent-deadly-viruses-to-wuhan-lab-months-before-rcmp-asked-to-investigate-1.5609582