| Wood Mackenzie |
(Multinational corporation, Consultancy)
|Member of||Business Roundtable|
|A global energy, chemicals, renewables, metals and mining research and consultancy group|
Wood Mackenzie, also known as WoodMac, is a global energy, chemicals, renewables, metals and mining research and consultancy group with an international reputation for supplying comprehensive data, written analysis and consultancy advice. In 2015, the company was acquired by Verisk Analytics, an American data analytics and risk assessment firm, in a deal valued at $2.8 billion.
WoodMac is based in Edinburgh, Scotland, though it has over 25 offices worldwide. The company's energy business was founded in 1973, when it started reviewing the North Sea oilfields. Between 2007 and 2014, Wood Mackenzie acquired coal specialists Hill & Associates in the US, Barlow Jonker in Australia, and Brook Hunt, the UK-based metals analysts.
Since 2015 a host of companies have become part of Wood Mackenzie including PSG, a petroleum database service; PCI, the specialist chemicals analysis group; Greentech Media, providing analysis of the solar market  and MAKE, providing analysis of global wind power.
- Oakes, Elizabeth H.; Mehrdad Ki (2004). Social Science Resources in the Electronic Age: 004. Oryx. p. 187. ISBN 978-1-57356-477-9
- Hogan, William W.; Sturzenegger, Federico (2010). The natural resources trap: private investment without public commitment. MIT Press. p. 448. ISBN 978-0-262-01379-6.
- Islam, M. Shahidul (2009). Marie-Carine Lall (ed.). The Geopolitics of Energy in South Asia. Institute of Southeast Asian Studies. pp. 137–139. ISBN 978-981-230-827-6.
- "Wood Mackenzie". Institute of Petroleum. Cornell University. 62 (732–743): 234. 2008.
- Kent, Sarah. "Verisk Analytics to Buy Wood Mackenzie for $2.8 Billion; Acquisition of energy consultancy boosts U.S. company’s international exposure", The Wall Street Journal, 10 March 2015. Accessed 30 July 2015.
- Bank, World (2007). Angola: oil, broad-based growth, and equity. World Bank. ISBN 978-0-8213-7102-2
- Group, Gale; Thom Votteler (2002). International Directory of Company Histories. St James Press. ISBN 978-1-55862-476-4