The Team B exercise was an alternative review of the CIA's National Intelligence Estimates commissioned by George H.W. Bush when he became CIA director in 1976, at the behest of the President's Foreign Intelligence Advisory Board. It has been described by Tom Barry as a "classic case of threat escalation by hawks determined to increase military budgets and step up the U.S. offensive in the cold war".
Strategic Objectives Panel
- Richard Pipes - team leader
- Prof. William Van Cleave
- Lt. Gen. Daniel Graham
- Dr. Thomas Wolfe
- Gen. John Vogt, Jr.
Missile Accuracy Panel
Air Defense Panel
- Anne Hessing Cahn, Killing Detente: The Right Attacks the CIA, Pennsylvania State University Press, 1998.
- Team B Strategic Objectives Panel Right Web profile.
- Team B Strategic Initiatives Panel Sourcewatch profile.
- Tom Barry, Remembering Team B, Right Web, 11 February 1984.
- Tom Barry, Remembering Team B, Right Web, 12 February 2004.