Jump to navigation Jump to search
| Bart Debie|
Debie was the alleged source of a leak which led to the police interrogation of two journalists in 2005.
- De Graaf’s report said the Antwerp police and the federal prosecutor’s office met secretly to discuss the threat of a terrorist attack. An Al-Qaeda member was suspected of wanting to blow up a tunnel in Antwerp. Bart Debie - then Antwerp police superintendent and now an extreme right-wing parliamentarian - was present at the meeting and is suspected of being the source of the leak.
- A search was carried out at his office on 18 January and police found that seven phone calls took place between De Graaf and him. De Graaf has never denied contacting Debie, but she said it was to "verify information."
- Police question two journalists in new attack on confidentiality of sources, Reporters Without Borders, 27 January 2005.
- Anna Reiman, Far-Right Mobilizes against Cologne Mega-Mosque, Der Spiegel, 19 June 2007.
- Counter Jihad Brussels: 18-19 October 2007, International Civil Liberties Alliance, accessed 30 December 2007.
... more about "Bart Debie"