| Felix Sater |
(Real estate developer)
|Born||Felix Mikhailovich Sheferovsky|
Moscow, Russian SFSR, USSR
|Alma mater||Pace University|
Dubious real estate investor and FBI informer with business ties to Donald Trump
Felix Henry Sater (born Felix Mikhailovich Sheferovsky; is a Russian-American mobster, convicted felon, real estate developer and former managing director of Bayrock Group LLC, a real estate conglomerate based out of New York City. Sater left Bayrock Group LLC in 2008 and has not been involved with the company for over a decade. He has subsequently been an advisor to corporations such as The Trump Organization, and the Mirax Group.
In 1998, Sater pleaded guilty to his involvement in a $40 million stock fraud scheme orchestrated by the Russian Mafia, and became an informant for the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and federal prosecutors, assisting with organized crime investigations. In 2017, Sater agreed to cooperate with investigators into international money laundering schemes.
During Donald Trump's 2016 presidential campaign, Sater worked with Michael Cohen, former attorney for The Trump Organization, to broker a deal to build a Trump Tower Moscow, asserting to Cohen that he could boost Trump's election prospects through his Russian contacts. On June 21, 2019, Sater was issued a subpoena by the House Intelligence Committee after he refused a request to testify voluntarily. On July 9, 2019, Sater appeared before the House Intelligence Committee, but repeatedly withheld testimony and documents concerning the details of a false joint defense agreement and thus remains under subpoena.
Judge I. Leo Glasser confirmed that Sater helped the U.S. government track down Osama bin Laden as he provided the telephone number of Osama bin Laden.
- ↑ https://snob.ru/selected/entry/116532
- ↑ https://www.gazeta.ru/politics/2017/03/30_a_10601981.shtml#page1
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20180602030650/https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44215656
- ↑ http://whowhatwhy.org/2017/04/05/felix-sater-problematical-friend-trump-forgot/
- ↑ https://www.newsweek.com/felix-sater-who-trump-senate-871713
- ↑ https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/28/us/politics/trump-tower-putin-felix-sater.html |
- ↑ https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/former-mafia-linked-figure-describes-association-with-trump/2016/05/17/cec6c2c6-16d3-11e6-aa55-670cabef46e0_story.html
- ↑ http://www.newsweek.com/trump-azerbaijan-pop-star-russian-lawyer-634932
- ↑ https://www.ft.com/content/159eb2d8-6162-11e7-8814-0ac7eb84e5f1
- ↑ Mueller report Vol. 1 p. 71
- ↑ https://politi.co/31LRARZ
- ↑ https://politi.co/2NIsIaJ
- ↑ https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/444185-trump-associate-gave-us-government-osama-bin-ladens-phone-number
- ↑ https://politi.co/2Q9kdD4