| Fritz Schur |
|Born||Fritz Henrik Schur Jr|
27 November 1951
|Alma mater||Copenhagen Business School|
Danish businessman with ties to both royal, business and political circles in Denmark. Chairman of the board of DONG Energy 2005-2014. Bilderberg/2008.
Fritz Henrik Schur is a Danish businessman with ties to both royal, business and political circles in Denmark.
Early life and education
Schur was born in Vejle on 27 November 1951. He is fifth generation of a wealthy merchant family. He grew up in Gentofte and graduated from Ordrup Gymnasium in 1970. He completed a bachelor's degree from Copenhagen Business School in 1973 but never completed his MBA.
In 1973 he started his own business under the name Fritz Schur Groceries, and in 1978 he became CEO of the Fritz Schur Group. and PostNord.
From 1989 to 1992, he was Deputy Chairman of the Board of Directors of Interbank. He has been chairman of the board of NESA and was chairman of the Council for Technology and Innovation from 2002 to 2005. In 1995, Fritz Schur became a board member of Post Danmark, and chairman of the board from 2002 until the merger with Posten AB in 2009, after which he continued as Chairman of the Board of Directors of the merged company PostNord AB. On 8 February 2013, Fritz Schur announced that he would resign as Chairman of the Board of PostNord in connection with the Annual General Meeting on 18 April 2013.
He became chairman of the board of DONG Energy in 2005, where he took charge on 12 March 2012 in connection with the dismissal of director Anders Eldrup. On 30 January 2014, Fritz Schur announced that he would resign as Chairman of the Board of DONG Energy in connection with the Annual General Meeting on 12 March 2014.
He was chairman of the Liberal Business Club supporting the party Venstre for 14 years.
Fritz Schur has been a member of the businessmen network Round Table]. Fritz Schur was national chairman of Round Table Denmark in 1989-1990.
Fritz Schur has since 1999 been honorary consul general of Finland to Denmark.
On 24 April 2009, Fritz Schur became a Commander of the Order of the Dannebrog. He was granted the honorary Chamberlain title on 11 June 2010. He has also been awarded the Order of the Lion of Finland, the Order of José de Marcoleta and Order of the Polar Star. In 2009, Schur was named Chairman of the Teat in Denmark by PricewaterhouseCoopers.
Event Participated in
|Bilderberg/2008||5 June 2008||8 June 2008||US|
|The 56th Bilderberg, Chantilly, Virginia, 139 guests|
- ↑ https://www.business.dk/ledelse/hvem-er-denne-fritz-schur
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20090228080441/http://borsen.dk/executive/nyhed/126074
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20090626033740/http://www.business.dk/article/20090624/transport/90624137/
- ↑ http://vtu.dk/nyheder/pressemeddelelser/2002/friske-kraefter-i-spidsen-for-regeringens-innovationspolitik/
- ↑ http://www.postnord.com/da/Om-os/Post-Nord/Organisation/Bestyrelse/Fritz-H-Schur/
- ↑ http://www.dongenergy.com/en/about%20us/management/pages/supervisory_board.aspx
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20140201182428/http://www.business.dk/green/fritz-schur-traekker-sig-fra-dong
- ↑ http://www.dr.dk/Nyheder/Politik/2012/11/17/1117110043.htm