Morris J. Amitay
(Redirected from Morris Amitay)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Morris J. Amitay|
|Born||July 5, 1936|
Morris J. Amitay is the former executive director of AIPAC and, with Michael Ledeen, the co-founder of Coalition for Democracy in Iran. According to Amitay's profile on the American Enterprise Institute's website:
- Mr. Amitay has helped in the contribution of more than two million dollars to Congressional candidates on a bipartisan basis over the past two decades. In the past, Mr. Amitay held various positions in the State Department as a Foreign Service officer in Italy and South Africa. He held positions in both the U.S. House of Representatives and U.S. Senate where he handled defense, energy, and foreign affairs issues. Mr. Amitay later went on to be executive director of the American Israel Public Affairs Committee. In this role, he frequently testified at Congressional hearings on foreign policy and national security issues and led successful lobbying efforts on issues affecting U.S.–Israel relations. Mr. Amitay has addressed audiences at the Council on Foreign Relations, leading universities, AEI, and the U.S. Naval Academy on the political process and U.S. foreign policy. For the past sixteen years he has written a regular column on political and foreign policy subjects for a number of weekly newspapers, and he also edits a quarterly political newsletter. He is regularly interviewed on national and international television and radio programs.
- American Israel Public Affairs Committee - former Executive Director
- Center for Security Policy
- Coalition for Democracy in Iran - Co-founder
- Coalition for a Democratic Majority
- Committee on the Present Danger
- Jewish Institute for National Security Affairs - Vice Chairman
- Washington Political Action Committee - Founder and Treasurer
- American Enterprise Institute Morris Amitay
... more about "Morris J. Amitay"