| James Boasberg |
|Born||James Emanuel Boasberg|
San Francisco, California
|Alma mater||Yale University, Yale Law School, University of Oxford|
|Spouse||Elizabeth Leslie Manson|
"The go-to judge if you don’t want something released to the public"
James Boasberg is a US judge. Allgov write in 2015 that "Boasberg, who was appointed by President Barack Obama, appears to be the go-to judge if you don’t want something released to the public".
Judge Boasberg received his J.D. in 1990 from Yale Law School, his Master of Studies in 1986 from Oxford University, and his B.A. in 1985 from Yale College.
Boasberg thwarted an attempt to force the release of the US Senate report on the CIA's torture program.
Ossama Bin Laden's killing
In 2011, Boasberg blocked a FOIA request for photographic evidence of Ossama Bin Laden's killing, stating "A picture may be worth a thousand words. And perhaps moving pictures bear an even higher value. Yet, in this case, verbal descriptions of the death and burial of Osama Bin Laden will have to suffice, for this Court will not order the release of anything more."
Hillary Clinton's Emails
In November 2017 Boasberg dismissed a lawsuit "claiming the FBI exhausted all of its resources to find all of Hillary's 'missing' emails]]."
Boasberg attended the Senate Confirmation Hearing of Jon Tigar and is a "career-long colleague".
- ↑ a b c http://www.allgov.com/news/top-stories/judge-who-blocked-release-of-osama-bin-laden-death-photos-now-blocks-release-of-senate-torture-report-150526?news=856578
- ↑ https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/the-press-office/president-obama-names-three-united-states-district-court-61710
- ↑ http://legaltimes.typepad.com/files/obl.pdf
- ↑ https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/11/deep-state-strikes-obama-appointed-judge-dismisses-hillary-email-lawsuits/
- ↑ https://patriots4truth.org/2018/11/20/very-corrupt-fisa-court-judge-james-e-boasberg/