Le Cercle/1990 (Oman)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Date||November 30, 1990|
|Location||Al Bustan Hotel & Al-Baraka Palace, Muscat, Oman|
|Participants||Jonathan Aitken, Julian Amery, Andrew Cavendish, Paul Channon, Alan Clark, Sheikh Qaboos, Norman Schwarzkopf, AIVD/Director General|
|Description||Start/End dates uncertain|
Le Cercle met in Muscat, Oman on November 30, 1990, according to Alan Clark.
- Jonathan Aitken (Minister of Defence procurement)
- Alan Clark (Minister of State for Defence)
- Julian Amery (joint Chairman)
- Sheikh Qaboos (Ruler of Oman)
- General Norman Schwarzkopf
- Paul Channon (former secretary of State at the Dept. of Trade & Industry)
- the Head of the Dutch Secret Service
- An unnamed French Naval Admiral plus other serving or former intelligence operatives and VIP’s.
Aitken, Clarke and Channon have all been heavily implicated in the arms to Iraq affair examined by Lord Justice Richard Scott.
4 of the 7 known participants already have pages here:
|Jonathan Aitken||UK deep politician, Cercle chair, convicted perjurer|
|Julian Amery||MI6, deep politician who chaired Le Cercle for several years.|
|Alan Clark||Bullingdon Club, Le Cercle, Minister for Defence Procurement...|
- ↑ 1993, Alan Clark, 'Diaries', pp. 369-374
- ↑ a b http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/sociopolitica/sociopol_lecercle06.htm