|A site of interesting documents obtained by FOIA requests.|
Started: May 2010
Founders: Michael Morisy, Mitchell Kotler
Main focus: Freedom of Information Act
MuckRock News is a US-based group that helps people to file requests under the Freedom of Information Act.
MuckRock has obtained some notable successes, including an admission about Operation 40. Searches have helped to establish official narratives about events such as The Business Plot.
Suing the CIA
Since 1995, the CIA had maintained the CREST database, which contains every “historically valuable” record that had been declassified, at the US National Archives in College Park, Maryland. However, this was available on only 4 computers, and only during limited office hours, a fact that the CIA admitted on its website that "may be inconvenient and present an obstacle to many researchers."
In June 2014, MuckRock sued the CIA, arguing that the CREST database was "technically public, but in practice largely inaccessible." The CIA initially claimed that it would take up to 28 years to put the material online. However, it later reduced this estimate, and all 13 million documents were published on the CIA's website on 17 January 2017. This was after MuckRock user Michael Best announced a kickstarter project to put them online by printing out the records (at the CIA's expense) and then republishing them on WWW. Many concern Operation Mockingbird, the CIA's project to control the commercially-controlled media.
|Democracy Fund||Finances numerous organizations as part of effort to control the narrative. Founded by Pierre Omidyar in 2011.|
|Google News Initiative||Google and the deep state buying domination over corporate media and creating tools to censor independent voices.|
Documents sourced from MuckRock News
|Document:John Young Interview||interview||Cryptome|
|15 November 2013||Michael Morisy|
|Document:MacGuire Denies Butler Charges||report||The Business Plot|
Robert Sterling Clark
|20 November 1934||What was to become the US Deep state promoted official narrative of the Business Plot, that it never happened.|
- ↑ https://cdn.muckrock.com/foia_files/2017/06/07/File_1_Section_1_Serial__1.pdf
- ↑ a b http://motherboard.vice.com/read/13-million-pages-of-declassified-cia-documents-crest-archive-were-just-posted-online
- ↑ http://archive.today/2018.03.04-210829/https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/285662323/publishing-cias-declassified-vault
- ↑ https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-01-18/cia-releases-13-million-pages-declassified-documents-include-psychic-experiments-ufo
- ↑ http://21stcenturywire.com/2017/03/01/mockingbird-mirror-declassified-docs-depict-deeper-link-between-the-cia-and-american-media/