| Stephen Goodson |
(banker, author, politician)
|Died||4 August 2018|
Stephen Mitford Goodson (died 4 August 2018) was a South African banker, author and politician who was the leader of South Africa's Abolition of Income Tax and Usury Party. As his name suggests, Goodson was related to the Mitfords of Diana Mosley and Unity fame, and is best known for statements praising Adolf Hitler and his promotion of Holocaust denial. He stood as a candidate for the Ubuntu Party in the 2014 General Elections.
Goodson had stated that the Holocaust was "a huge lie" as "the principle is to extract enormous sums of money from the Germans as compensation", blaming international bankers. Goodson authored a book titled Bonaparte & Hitler Versus the International Bankers where he maintained World War II was provoked by the economic success of Germany, and he has also criticized the political actions of Jewish bankers, posting his views on anti-semitic websites. As a result, the South African Israel Public Affairs Committee called for the Reserve Bank to fire him for his pro-Nazi statements.
In a 2010 radio interview, Goodson stated:
they've [Jews] been expelled from over 70 countries, some of them several times. But unfortunately they have such a tight control of the media. Well, there is a small window of hope in that the Internet can provide alternative views, but even there they are trying to exercise supervision.
The National Chairman of the South African Jewish Board of Deputies, Mary Kluk, subsequently condemned Goodson's opinions:
The views purportedly disseminated by Stephen Goodson are hurtful and offensive, not only in the way they give credence to the pernicious theory that Jews fabricated the Holocaust in order to extort money from Germany but in how they serve to glorify the legacy of the hateful Nazi regime. Such views serve only to distort the historical record, falsely denying a time when ideologies of racial hatred caused untold suffering to millions and insulting the memory of the innocent victims of those times.
In April 2012, the South African Reserve Bank stated that Goodson's tenure for his position would not be renewed after it expired in July, as he would have served the maximum period of three terms of three years each. On May 3, 2012, Goodson resigned from SA Reserve Bank after he had received compensation for the balance of his term of office.
In June 2017, Goodson was connected to the Public Protector's Report of 19 June 2017 regarding the proposal to reform the South African Reserve Bank, so that it serves the people rather than the interests of the commercial banks.
In response to an article written about Goodson in the South African Jewish Report, which was published on 30 June 2017, Goodson explained that his disbelief of the Holocaust is predicated on the claim that in the 8,263 pages of World War II memoirs written by Winston Churchill, Charles de Gaulle, Dwight D. Eisenhower and Harry S. Truman, there is no mention of millions of Jews in Europe having been annihilated.
World War II revisionism
On the Veterans Today website, Holocaust denier Ingrid Rimland Zundel quoted from Goodson when she wrote that Japan "had peacefully occupied Indochina, with the permission of Vichy France", but eventually was "forced into attacking America in order to maintain her prosperity and secure her existence as a sovereign state." Rimland Zundel also reposted a piece by Goodson who admired how Hitler had defeated the "banksters".
- An Illustrated Guide to Adolf Hitler and the Third Reich (2009, The Barnes Review)
- General Jan Christian Smuts: The Debunking of a Myth (2012, Bienedell Publishers)
- A History of Central Banking and the Enslavement of Mankind (2014, Black House Publishing)
- Inside the South African Reserve Bank Its Origins and Secrets Exposed (2014, Black House Publishing)
- Rhodesian Prime Minister Ian Smith: The Debunking of a Myth (2015, Self-published)
- Hendrik Frensch Verwoerd South Africa's Greatest Prime Minister (2016, Self-published)
- The Genocide of the Boers (2017, The Barnes Review)
- "Stephen Mitford Goodson: In Memoriam"
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-09-24. Retrieved 2015-09-19. Cite uses deprecated parameter
|deadurl=(help)CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)Page Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css must have content model "Sanitized CSS" for TemplateStyles (current model is "plain text").
- The private life of Stephen Goodson Archived 2015-01-03 at the Wayback Machine. by Geraldine Bennett, Moneyweb.co.za, August 31, 2003.
- HILARY JOFFE: Real independence more than Bank's structure by Hilary Joffe, Business Day, May 4, 2010.
- "Reserve Bank charges former director"
- Calls to Oust Nazi Supporter from S. African Reserve Bank by Rachel Hirshfeld, Israel National News, April 4, 2012.
- South African Jews Call for Dismissal of Pro-Nazi Banker by Boruch Shubert, Jewish Voice, May 2, 2012.
- Reserve Bank director’s comments draw fire by Zara Nicholson, IOLnews, April 23, 2012.
- South African Bank Director Expresses Support for Nazis by Elad Benari, Israel National News, April 20, 2012.
- SA Jews call for firing of pro-Nazi banker By Rina Bassist, Jerusalem Post, April 24, 2012.
- Stephen Goodson – banker, admirer of Nazi economy by Rina Bassist, The Jerusalem Post, April 18, 2012.
- SARB director quits after Hitler claims, The Times, May 4, 2012.
- Goodson quits after article by Lisa Steyn, Mail & Guardian, May 17, 2012.
- "Welcome to the official South African government online site! - South African Government". www.info.gov.za. Retrieved 25 August 2018.Page Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css must have content model "Sanitized CSS" for TemplateStyles (current model is "plain text").
- "We Remember Stephen Goodson - Died 4 August 2018 - Uncensored Opinion". uncensoredopinion.co.za. 12 August 2018. Retrieved 25 August 2018.Page Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css must have content model "Sanitized CSS" for TemplateStyles (current model is "plain text").
- Books, Christian Liberty. "Message at the Funeral of Stephen Mitford Goodson - Christian Liberty Books". www.christianlibertybooks.co.za. Retrieved 25 August 2018.Page Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css must have content model "Sanitized CSS" for TemplateStyles (current model is "plain text").
- Japan in WWII: A Casualty of Usury? by Dr. Ingrid R. Zundel, Veterans Today, June 26, 2011.
- Reserve Bank's Holocaust denier by Lisa Steyn, Mail & Guardian, April 13, 2012.
- Hitler and the Banksters: The Abolition of Interest-Servitude by Dr. Ingrid R. Zundel, Veterans Today, September 13, 2011.