| "Antisemitism" |
(Polarising perspective, prejudice, plastic word)
|Interest of||• Academic Response Against Racism and Anti-Semitism in Europe|
• All-Party Parliamentary Group against Antisemitism
• Anti-Defamation League
• B'nai Brith
• European Forum on Antisemitism
• International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance
• Caitlin Johnstone
• Brian Klug
• Labour Against The Witchhunt
• Emanuele Ottolenghi
• Shlomo Sharan
|An etymological misnomer with no substantive meaning. In current widespread use to demonise people deemed to be threatening to cherished Judaic official narratives and to close down rational debate. A more accurate description of those it is applied to would be "people who Jews don't like"|
Antisemite (root - semite; adjective - antisemitic; derivative - antisemitism; etymology - a person opposed to "Semites").
"Any stats person will tell you that the comment ‘Antisemitism is rife in the Labour Party’ can only be valid when set against a measure of AS in society and AS in equivalent organisations. Every sociology student knows this."
- 1 Origins
- 2 Inversion
- 3 Fear of the Anti-Semitic label
- 4 Usage by Controlled Media
- 5 UK
- 6 EUMC "working definition"
- 7 An example
- 8 Related Quotation
- 9 Related Documents
- 10 Official examples
- 11 References
According to the Encyclopedia Britannica entry written by Michael Berenbaum, the term was originally coined by Wilhelm Marr in 1897 to designate the anti-Jewish campaigns under way in central Europe at that time . It was coined because the term "Semite" had become a popular euphemism for "Jew", use of which in anything other than approving terms and in similar fashion to today, invited immediate hostility and condemnation from Jewish leaders. It remains in widespread use and with similar notional meaning in Official Narratives and with its root "Semite" meaning "Jew/Jewish/Judaic".
However, in semantic terms it is a gross and confusing misnomer in that semitic defines a group of languages far more accurately than it does race or religion and in both usages it encompasses vastly more non-Jewish (especially Arab) than Jewish peoples – which renders it particularly absurd in the context of the Middle East.
In the nineteenth century it was used as much as a self-description by people wishing to proclaim their dislike or opposition to Jewry; whereas in nowadays the term "antisemite" is used as an exonym to describe those opposed by the Israel lobby.
It has no substantive meaning other than as an insulting epithet and, like its close relative "Holocaust Denier", its primary usage is to demonise and close down rational debate on matters deemed offensive or otherwise critical of important Judaic Official Narratives.
Fear of the Anti-Semitic label
Roger Waters was quoted in 2016 as stating about the music industry that “My industry has been particularly recalcitrant in even raising a voice [against Israel]. There’s me and Elvis Costello, Brian Eno, Manic Street Preachers, one or two others, but there’s nobody in the United States where I live. I’ve talked to a lot of them, and they are scared s***less. If they say something in public they will no longer have a career. They will be destroyed.” 
"Anti-semitic, it's a trick we always use it"
|Former Israeli Minister Shulamit Aloni:|
"Anti-semitic", "it's a trick we always use it"
It is rare to hear this sort of truth stated quite so boldly. The video is from a Democracy Now interview of former Israeli minister Shulamit Aloni by Ami Goodman broadcast in June 2010.
Usage by Controlled Media
In 2015, Stephen Sizer was vilified by the commercially-controlled media and disciplined by the establishment who claimed that merely posting a Facebook link to the Wikispooks page "9-11/Israel did it" (not even alleging that he believed the contents were true), was in itself an "anti-semitic" act.
- "Has the Church of England ever asked our government officials and media to provide evidence of their allegations against Muslims, or if they can’t provide this evidence then to stop spreading these false allegations about Muslims being the perpetrators of 9/11?"
Application to Jews
Joshua Bonehill-Paine, a 24-year-old man was sentenced to 40 months imprisonment "for stirring up racial hatred against the Jewish community in Golders Green" after carrying out what The Register termed an "anti-Semitic Twitter campaign against MP" Luciana Berger.
In February 2009, the Inter-parliamentary Coalition for Combating Antisemitism (ICCA) spearheaded by John Mann MP brought together Members of Parliament from all over the world to improve the way in which Parliaments and Governments fight antisemitism ensuring that laws are adequate and implemented and that best practices are shared appropriately. The ICCA, consisting of more than 700 Members in over 60 countries, saw its London Declaration on Combating Antisemitism signed by as many MPs, Ministers, Foreign Ministers and Prime Ministers.
Home Affairs Select Committee
On 16 October 2016, Tim Loughton, the acting Chairman of the Home Affairs Select Committee, published the Committee's report on "antisemitism" which unanimously recommended limits on political free speech. The six Tory MPs, three New Labour and one SNP were unanimous in urging that:
- the term ‘Zionist’ be allowed only in an academically neutral or positive tone; using the term in an “accusatory“ manner should be categorised as “inflammatory” by all political parties and lead to criminal charges;
- criminal penalties as well as workplace sanctions be applied to those who:
- identify the State of Israel as “a racist endeavour”; or,
- compare Israeli behaviour in any way with that of the Nazis.
SNP Deputy Leader Angus Robertson told the enquiry that dialogue on Palestine in the SNP must take place only “within the context of supporting a two-state solution, and inherent in that is an acknowledgement of the right of self-determination for the Jewish people and the right of the State of Israel to exist”.
Robertson thus endorsed, and HASC adopted, the key elements of the discredited EUMC definition of antisemitism. Although never formally accepted by any representative body, the UK College of Policing has adopted it as guidelines. UK Government Minister Eric Pickles endorsed the definition in March of this year which would criminalise identifying the State of Israel as “a racist endeavour” or comparisons of the activities of the Israeli State in any way with that of the Nazis.
Angus Robertson MP claimed that anti-Zionism is a gateway to antisemitism rather than an antidote to it. According to the Committee “some people move from referring to ‘the Government of Israel’ to talking about ‘Israel’; then to ‘Zionists’, and then ‘some people start talking about Jews’; adding that “at some point along that line it morphs into antisemitism”. This ignores the never-ending efforts of organised political Zionists to conflate opposition to the programme of ethnic cleansing in Palestine with hatred of Jewish people - as if opposition to Apartheid, a system of White supremacy, was really hatred of white people!
This report backed by Tory, SNP and New Labour will criminalise large areas of free speech on Israel/Palestine. At a time when the Palestinian people face ethnic cleansing and genocide in Gaza, the members of this Committee have betrayed the Palestinians and joined an attack orchestrated by the Israeli Embassy to smother rising anger at Israel’s crimes.
At PMQs on 19 October 2016, Theresa May admonished the Labour leader:
- “Given the report of the select committee of this House about anti-Semitism and the approach to anti-Semitism in the Labour party, he needs to think very carefully about the environment that is being created in the Labour party in relation to anti-Semitism.”
However, Jeremy Corbyn had previously said the HASC's findings focused too heavily on his party, when three-quarters of anti-Semitic incidents were carried out by the far-right:
- "The report’s political framing and disproportionate emphasis on Labour risks undermining the positive and welcome recommendations made in it."
EUMC "working definition"
In 2005, the EU Monitoring Centre on Racism and Xenophobia (EUMC), now the EU Agency for Fundamental Rights (FRA), adopted the Campaign Against Antisemitism’s (CAA) “working definition on antisemitism” which is used by the European Parliament Working Group on Antisemitism, the UK College of Policing, the US Department of State, and the 31 countries comprising the International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance:
- “Antisemitism is a certain perception of Jews, which may be expressed as hatred toward Jews. Rhetorical and physical manifestations of antisemitism are directed toward Jewish or non-Jewish individuals and/or their property, toward Jewish community institutions and religious facilities.”
The CAA gave these examples of antisemitism in public life, the media, schools, the workplace and in the religious sphere:
- Calling for, aiding, or justifying the killing or harming of Jews in the name of a radical ideology or an extremist view of religion.
- Making mendacious, dehumanising, demonising, or stereotypical allegations about Jews as such or the power of Jews as collective — such as, especially but not exclusively, the myth about a world Jewish conspiracy or of Jews controlling the media, economy, government or other societal institutions.
- Accusing Jews as a people of being responsible for real or imagined wrongdoing committed by a single Jewish person or group, or even for acts committed by non-Jews.
- Denying the fact, scope, mechanisms (e.g. gas chambers) or intentionality of the genocide of the Jewish people at the hands of National Socialist Germany and its supporters and accomplices during World War II (the Holocaust).
- Accusing the Jews as a people, or Israel as a state, of inventing or exaggerating the Holocaust.
- Accusing Jewish citizens of being more loyal to Israel, or to the alleged priorities of Jews worldwide, than to the interests of their own nations.
|"9-11/Israel did it"||Evidence for the proposition that the Israeli deep state was involved in the 9-11 event.|
KPFA will cease broadcasting “Guns and Butter” effective immediately.
We’ve received an avalanche of negative calls and emails from listeners about your uncritically airing of views by a holocaust denier, climate denial and casting the Parkland mass shooting survivors as crisis actors. As steward [sic.] of our airways, we can’t defend this content to our listeners.
|8 August 2018|
|Document:Anatomy of a Scandal: Israel Crucifies Corbyn||Article||14 August 2014||Michael W. Howard|
|Document:Anti-semitism is cover for a much deeper divide in Britain's Labour party||Article||20 February 2019||Jonathan Cook|
|Document:BBC's biased and inaccurate reporting of anti-semitism allegations towards Jeremy Corbyn||Article||7 August 2018||Pamela Blakelock|
|Document:British MPs won’t get to see ‘WitchHunt’ in the House of Commons – the very place it needs to be shown||Article||3 March 2019||Robert Cohen|
|Document:David Cameron's Jewish roots||article||7 January 2014||Martin Iqbal||David Cameron's 'aristocratic' Jewish ancestry, and the gross over-representation of Jewish influence and finance in British politics. Brings clarity to the question of why the UK Establishment is so excruciatingly biased and subservient to the interests of the Zionist State of Israel.|
|Document:Don’t Laugh! It’s “Anti-Semitic”!||article||4 February 2014||Jonathan Azaziah||All you need to know about French Comedian Dieudonne and the interests prompting both the French and UK Establishments to such ridiculous and downright nasty demonisation of him|
|Document:Enough is Enough: What would Mandela have said||Article||28 March 2018||David Rosenberg|
|Document:Guardian cartoonist Steve Bell accused of anti-Semitism over Razan al-Najjar image||Article||7 June 2018||Mike Sivier|
|Document:Has the Elite’s Slavish pro-Israel Agenda Finally Gone Too Far||Blog post||25 February 2019||Craig Murray|
|Document:Is this the Epicentre of Corbyn’s Antisemitism Story?||Article||8 April 2019||True Publica|
|Document:Israel Stooges Freak Out over Baroness Jenny's Remarks - Again||Article||3 November 2018||Stuart Littlewood|
|Document:Labour & ‘anti-Semitism’: Real goal of establishment smear campaign is to deny socialists power||Article||23 April 2019||Ken Livingstone|
|Document:Labour Party exclusions: we need justice for the many not just for the few||Article||2 March 2018||David Rosenberg|
|Document:Manufacturing consent on "antisemitism"||article||20 October 2016||Tony Greenstein|
|Document:Tactics of Organized Jewry in Suppressing Free Speech||speech transcript||June 2002||Tony Martin||An edited transcript of Prof. Martins address to the 14th Conference of the Institute for Historical Review in Irvine, California about the tactics of organised Jewry in suppressing information they deem harmful to them|
|Document:The American Jewish scholar behind Labour's "antisemitism" scandal breaks his silence||Interview||3 May 2016||Norman Finkelstein|
|Document:The Jewish Question||essay||1894||Goldwin Smith||A review of the historical tensions between the Jewish Diapora and its host nations up to the end of the nineteenth century|
|Document:The Move to Muzzle Dieudonné M’Bala M’Bala||article||1 January 2014||Diana Johnstone||How a French Cameroonian Comedian has the Judaic-dominated French establishment so worried they are making embarrassing fools of themselves.|
|Document:The Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion||historical document||1 January 1903||Anonymous||Famous - or infamous? - and remarkably prescient historical document from the early 20th century. It purports to represent the programs and methods to be employed to achieve Jewish domination over the Gentile world.|
|Document:The Shoah as State Religion?||article||24 January 2014||Diana Johnstone||The paranoid sensitivities of the French establishment to any and all manifestations of ridicule and satire concerning the 'State Religion' of the Shoa or Holocaust|
|Document:The sharks circling around Corbyn scent blood||blog post||26 March 2018||Jonathan Cook||The sharks circling around Jeremy Corbyn will not ignore the scent of his bloodied wounds; rather, it will send them into a feeding frenzy. As hard as it is to do when the elites so clearly want him destroyed, Corbyn must find his backbone and start to stand his ground.|
|Document:This largely pointless EHRC investigation has been welcomed by Labour||Article||28 May 2019||John Spannyard Indaworks|
|Document:UK Labour Party is right to drop racist IHRA guidelines of anti-Semitism||Article||6 August 2018|
|Document:‘What about the Israeli army killing unarmed Palestinian civilians’||Article||27 April 2018||Ken Loach|
|File:Antisemitism-Cui Bono.pdf||review||2006||Kerry Bolton||A study of the relationship between Zionism and its perennial allegations of antisemitism among majority gentile populations, especially in Europe and the USA|
|Archibald Maule Ramsay|
- "Every sociology student knows this"
- anti-Semitism - Encyclopedia Britannica article 6 July 2014
- http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/roger-waters-pink-floyacd-israel-boycott-ban-palestine-a6884971.html The Independent , 19 February 2016
- "Backlash by Church of England: Vicar Banned From Social Media for Endorsing 9/11 Truth"
- "John Mann needs re-election help"
- "The London Declaration on Combating Antisemitism"
- "ALERT: all-party attack on free speech for Palestine"
- "Theresa May hits out at Jeremy Corbyn over anti-Semitism in Labour"
- "EUMC working definition of antisemitiism"
- "Definition of Antisemitism"