| Angela Eagle |
|Born||17 February 1961|
|Alma mater||St John's College (Oxford)|
Angela Eagle is Labour Party MP for Wallasey, where she was first elected in 1992.
Angela Eagle was made Shadow Business Secretary by Jeremy Corbyn, after his election as Labour leader in September 2015.
Asked, as she left home on 30 June 2016, if she was launching a rumoured leadership bid, Ms Eagle said:
- "I will be saying something later today."
But a source close to her has told BBC political editor Laura Kuenssberg:
- "Jeremy Corbyn still has time to do the right thing."
The source said Ms Eagle will challenge him if necessary but hopes that he will go of his own accord.
On 30 June 2016, Evolve Politics reported that Angela Eagle's leadership website (angela4leader.org) had in fact been registered at 6pm on Saturday 25 June by PR executive Joe McCrea, who served as a Special Adviser in Downing Street during Tony Blair’s time as Prime Minister.
This was six hours before the Labour leader sacked Hilary Benn and 36 hours before her resignation, which clearly shows that the Labour coup was pre-planned and that Angela Eagle was already being lined up as a potential successor.
Twinned with Maria
|Document:The Origins of Labour’s Civil War||Essay||21 July 2016||W. Stephen Gilbert||"The greatest difficulty that the anti-Corbyn MPs, the media and the Tories all share is a fact that they simply cannot stomach: Jeremy Corbyn is the most popular politician in Britain."|
- Shadow Cabinet Election Results Labour Party, 7 October 2010
- "Who is Angela Eagle? Everything you need to know about the MP who could challenge Jeremy Corbyn"
- "Resignation from the Shadow Cabinet"
- "Eagle may delay leader bid 'to give Corbyn time to quit'"
- "Angela Eagle’s leadership website registered before she resigned – by Blair’s PR man"
- "Shadow Cabinet Positions". BBC News. 8 October 2010.Page Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css must have content model "Sanitized CSS" for TemplateStyles (current model is "Scribunto").
|This is a page stub. Please add to it.|