| Rachel Reeves |
|Born||Rachel Jane Reeves|
13 February 1979
Lewisham, London, England
|Alma mater||New College (Oxford), London School of Economics|
|Member of||Labour Friends of Israel|
|Relatives|| • Ellie Reeves|
• John Cryer
Rachel Reeves coined the term 'Securonomics'
Rachel Reeves is a British Labour Party politician and an economist. She has been the Member of Parliament for Leeds West since the 2010 General Election and has been tipped as a future Leader of the Labour Party.
Rachel Reeves was Shadow Secretary of State for Work and Pensions from 2013 but vowed not to return to the shadow cabinet after her maternity leave following Jeremy Corbyn's victory in the 2015 Labour leadership election. Reeves was also chair of the Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy Committee from 2017 to 2020.
Reeves' younger sister, Ellie, was a member of Labour's National Executive Committee and Joint Policy Committee until being voted off in August 2016, and is married to Parliamentary Labour Party chair John Cryer, Labour MP for Leyton and Wanstead.
Rachel Reeves is married to the Director General of the Cabinet Office's Economic and Domestic Secretariat, Nicholas Joicey, who previously worked as private secretary and speech writer to Chancellor of the Exchequer Gordon Brown.
Event Participated in
|WEF/Annual Meeting/2023||16 January 2023||20 January 2023||Switzerland|
World Economic Forum
|The theme of the meeting was "Cooperation in a Fragmented World"|
|Document:Rachel Reeves needs to develop some decent ideas very quickly||blog post||25 May 2023||Richard Murphy||Rachel Reeves is a person out of time, out of ideas, and right now with no answer to any question that might reasonably be asked of her. It's very depressing.|
- "Rachel Reeves: ‘Securonomics’"
- "MP Tom Watson finds new love after break up of marriage"
- "Who is Rachel Reeves? Record and profile of Keir Starmer's new Shadow Chancellor"
- "Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy Committee"
- "Like Ed, we should all be friends of Israel"
- "Delighted to have been elected as the Member of Parliament for Lewisham West and Penge with a majority of 23,174"
- Document:Rachel Reeves needs to develop some decent ideas very quickly