| Brian Tovey |
|Born||15 April 1926|
Industrial action in 1981 during Tovey's tenure as Director at GCHQ led later to the banning of trades unions from GCHQ. The decision was also taken to inaugurate the controversial Zircon project.
Tovey maintains an interest in Italian art of the 13th to 17th centuries. He is currently working on a biography of the life and times of Filippo Baldinucci. It is alleged that while he was Director of GCHQ, Tovey shared this interest with the head of the French SDECE, Alexandre de Marenches, and as a result GCHQ gained valuable intelligence on the war in Afghanistan.
- Document:UK Intelligence And Security Report, 2003
- Learning Skills foundation profile
- Union crusade rewarded as Cook lifts GCHQ ban The Independent, 16 May 1997
- Federation of American Scientists: For UK Eyes Alpha
- John K. Cooley, Unholy Wars: Afghanistan, America and International Terrorism, Pluto Press, 1999
|This is a page stub. Please add to it.|