2022 campaign poster
|Born||Marlaina Danielle Smith|
1 April 1971
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
|Alma mater||University of Calgary|
Premier of Alberta since 2022
Danielle Smith is a Canadian politician.
One of her core campaign promises was to protect unvaccinated people under the Alberta Human Rights Act.
Her proposed ‘sovereignty act’ challenges Justin Trudeau.
On her first day in office Smith said:
“(unvaccinated people) have been the most discriminated against group that I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime.... I don’t think I’ve ever experienced a situation in my lifetime where a person was fired from their job, or not allowed to watch their kids play hockey, or are not allowed to go visit a loved one in long-term care or hospital, or not allowed to go get on a plane to either go across the country to see family or even travel across the border.”
Danielle Smith (11 October 2022) 
However, she officially backpedaled the next day, stating that she did not intend to "create any false equivalencies to the terrible historical discrimination and persecution suffered by so many minority groups over the last decades and centuries."
World Economic Forum
In October 2022, she announced Alberta would be pulling out of the WEF's "Global Coalition for Value in Healthcare".
Alberta Premier Danielle Smith backed off on a promise to enshrine "vaccination status" as a human right. This would effectively ban the vaccine passports that her predecessor, Jason Kenney, had brought in. According to Smith, the issue is too complex to be handled with a single piece of legislation.
- ↑ https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/dec/08/sovereignty-act-passed-alberta-canada
- ↑ https://rumble.com/v1nk5ee-albertas-new-premier-danielle-smith-on-the-unvaccinated.html
- ↑ https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2022/10/11/on-first-day-in-office-alberta-premier-danielle-smith-calls-unvaxxed-people-the-most-discriminated-against-group-shes-ever-seen.html Toronto Star
- ↑ https://twitter.com/ABDanielleSmith/status/1580257060465541120
- ↑ https://lacombeonline.com/articles/danielle-smith-takes-to-social-media-to-clarify-statements-
- ↑ https://globalnews.ca/news/9222866/alberta-premier-cancelling-wef-health-consulting-agreement/
- ↑ https://canucklaw.ca/danielle-smith-betrays-supporters/