Jump to navigation Jump to search
| Facial recognition|
(computation technology, mass surveillance/Technology)
|Interest of||• Big Brother Watch|
• National Security Commission on Artificial Intelligence
Facial recognition technology is the automated recognition of individuals. It is being increasingly applied as CCTV cameras, rather than recording video footage are now directly feeding computers power with AI steered image recognition.
In the US, the DOHS provides facial recognition data to private companies such as airlines.
Facial recognition technology is increasingly effective, and can now be tied to a large database for realtime lookup.
Facial recognition is reported to be vulnerable to masking with makeup, masks, or specially designed clothing.
In August 2019, a Dutch law took effect which banning face-covering clothing, including the burqa and niqab, associated with Moslem women.
- ↑ https://boingboing.net/2019/04/23/in-this-twitter-exchange-jetb.html
- ↑ https://consequenceofsound.net/2019/07/juggalo-makeup-facial-recognition/
- ↑ https://www.cnet.com/news/anti-surveillance-clothes-foil-cameras-by-making-you-look-like-a-car/
- ↑ https://nypost.com/2019/08/01/dutch-burqa-ban-takes-effect-but-police-unlikely-to-enforce-it/