| Ken Adelman |
(neoconservative, deep state operative)
|Born||Kenneth Lee Adelman|
9 June 1946
|Member of||American Committee for Peace in Chechnya/Members, Committee on the Present Danger/Members, French-American Foundation/Young Leaders|
Kenneth "Ken" Adelman served as assistant to US Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld from 1975 to 1977. Adelman was US Ambassador to the United Nations during the Ronald Reagan administration as well as serving as Director of the Arms Control and Disarmament Agency.
He is a frequent media commentator on Fox News and CNN, and has been the national editor of Washingtonian magazine for many years. His wife Carol Adelman is a senior fellow at the Hudson Institute.
Ken Adelman, a longtime Washington insider closely aligned with Neoconservatism, has served several Republican administrations since the mid-1970s. A member of the Defense Policy Board during the George W. Bush administration, Adelman championed the “war on terror” and pushed for the invasion of Iraq, both as a media pundit and as a supporter of neoconservative-led groups like the Project for the New American Century (PNAC). Although he eventually turned against some Bush administration policies, Adelman remained a proponent of aggressive US foreign policies.
Adelman was a member of the Committee on the Present Danger (CPD), the now-defunct Cold War-era anticommunist group that was revived after 9/11 to promote the war on terror. Adelman is quoted on the CPD website as saying:
- “Just as America defeated totalitarian threats from, first, Nazism and then Communism last century, so must we defeat totalitarian threats from radical Islam this century. It is our duty, and destiny.”
In an interview about his 2014 book ("Reagan at Reykjavik: Forty-Eight Hours That Ended the Cold"), Adelman interlaced his praise of Reagan with criticisms of President Obama, stating:
- “President Reagan was then facing a far stronger adversary than President Obama now faces with Vladimir Putin. Russia’s army today is one-fourth the size of the Soviet army then, and its nuclear arsenal one-fifth the size. Yet despite US leaders now facing a far weaker adversary, few today pursue any radical change comparable to ending the Cold War. It is inconceivable that President Obama would think, let alone say, that the current standoff with Russia would end with ‘We win, they lose.’ This administration seems quite content to settle for a tie.”
Floored by Mandela
Ken Adelman was unwise enough to have asked Nelson Mandela on his first visit to America after being released from prison in 1990 why he was friends with the likes of Yasser Arafat, Muammar Gaddafi and Fidel Castro. Mandela floored Adelman with this response.
- Freedom House - Board of Trustees member (former Secretary of the Board).
- International Crisis Group - Member, Executive Committee
- Keppler Associates, Inc. - Speaker (Fee Range : $10,001 - $20,000) 
- Movers & Shakespeares - Owned with wife Carol Adelman
- Progress for America
- USA for Innovation - Executive Director 
- Adelman PR firm
- co-host of the think-tank website TechCentralStation.com.
Event Participated in
|Bilderberg/1984||11 May 1984||13 May 1984||Sweden|
The Grand Hotel