Jump to navigation Jump to search
| Kimberley Kitching |
|Born||Kimberley Jane Elizabeth Kitching|
16 February 1970
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
|Died||10 March 2022 (Age 52)|
Strathmore, Victoria, Australia
Cause of death
|Alma mater||University of Queensland|
|Member of||Inter-Parliamentary Alliance on China|
|Victim of|| • bullying|
• COVID-19/Premature death
|Interests||Belt and Road Initiative|
|Party||Australian Labor Party|
Australian Senator who died suddenly
Kimberley Kitching was an Australia Senator. The circumstances behind her death are disputed.
In June 2020 she was announced as a founding member of the Inter-Parliamentary Alliance on China.
In March 2022, Kitching died of a sudden heart attack. She had allegedly been threatened with deselection for the upcoming federal election. Following her death, Kimberley's friends revealed that she had alleged being subject to bullying by members of Labor's Senate leadership team—Penny Wong, Kristina Keneally and Katy Gallagher—who denied the allegations. Labor leader Anthony Albanese said Kitching had made no official complaint about the matter, and said he would not hold an enquiry into the claims.
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlxSSfjs-Ic
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGQMkVGfhOQ
- ↑ https://www.smh.com.au/world/europe/mps-from-eight-countries-form-new-global-coalition-to-counter-china-20200604-p54zqj.html
- ↑ https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2022/mar/10/labor-senator-kimberley-kitching-dies-suddenly-in-melbourne-aged-52
- ↑ https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-03-23/anthony-albanese-kimberley-kitching-bullying-allegation-inquiry/100932006