| Richard Faulkner |
|Born||Richard Oliver Faulkner|
22 March 1946
|Alma mater||Merchant Taylors' School (Northwood), Worcester College (Oxford)|
|Parents|| • Harold Ewart|
• Mabel Faulkner
Tony Gosling named Faulkner and Tony Blair as senior politicians who fear exposure should Jeremy Corbyn become Prime Minister
Richard Oliver Faulkner, Baron Faulkner of Worcester is a Labour Party politician and life peer.
Tony Gosling named Faulkner and Tony Blair as senior politicians who fear exposure should Jeremy Corbyn become Prime Minister.[Why?]
Faulkner was born on 22 March 1946 in Manchester, England. He was educated at the Merchant Taylors' School, Northwood, an all-boys independent school. He studied philosophy, politics and economics (PPE) at Worcester College, Oxford. He worked as a researcher and journalist for the Labour Party since when he has been active in politics. He was a councillor in the London borough of Merton from 1971 to 1974. He was an unpaid communications advisor to the Leader of the Labour Party in the 1987, 1992 and 1997 general elections.
He contested Devizes for the Labour Party in the 1970 election and then again in February 1974 election. He contested Monmouth for the Labour Party in the October 1974 election and Huddersfield West for the Labour Party in the 1979 election.
He was raised to the peerage in 1999, as Baron Faulkner of Worcester, of Wimbledon in the London Borough of Merton. He was on a number of parliamentary committees, and lists his political interests as transport, sport, human rights, smoking and health, and sex equality. He is Vice Chair of the All-Party Parliamentary Group on Industrial Heritage. He is the UK trade envoy to Taiwan. Lord Faulkner chairs the Alderney Gambling Control Commission.
- ↑ a b c http://www.parliament.uk/biographies/lords/lord-faulkner-of-worcester/2472
- ↑ https://www.thegazette.co.uk/London/issue/55558/page/7817
- ↑ https://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm/cmallparty/170329/industrial-heritage.htm
- ↑ https://www.gov.uk/government/groups/trade-envoys
- ↑ http://focustaiwan.tw/news/aipl/201608170017.aspx
- ↑ http://www.lordfaulkner.com/letters/tradeenvoy.pdf
- ↑ https://www.parliament.uk/biographies/lords/lord-faulkner-of-worcester/2472/register-of-interests
Wikipedia is not affiliated with Wikispooks. Original page source here